Front and rear wheel bearings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jez View Post
    Mine failed an MOT one year after new bearings were fitted. turned out one side had not been fitted / adjusted correctly. I would guess something has been fitted incorrectly or more likely the nut had not been correctly tightened / set.
    Good point...if the nut is not tightened (50ft lb then tighten to next hole if I remember rightly) enough, it would make things go wrong and now that you mention it, I have seen them quite loose...

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
      Bearing arrived today, not very surprinsing to see that it is unbranded at that price, so no real clues as to whether or not it is a taper roller, without dismantling it....if it had been free rather than cheap, then I might have taken it to bits, but as it is I think I'll wait until it is used and worn out. From the number on the inner race, it is Chinese http://www.gasgoo.com/showroom/tomze...s/1486021.html. I'm not too worried about this, as they do make some decent bearings as well as crappy ones and if I gamble and lose I'll just have wasted some of my own time, rather than paying to have it fitted. If you are paying someone to do the work, probably best to pay the extra for a genuine one. https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-RFM000050SLP though it has to be said that that picture looks very like their pattern one https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-RFM000050SLPP and I can't see a makers name on either...not possible to see the number on them, but if it is IR2224 then they are also Chinese and the same as the cheap one on ebay....
      Yes the stamp says IR2224. I knew that Rimmer bought stuff in India so China would be no surprise. Also I see that GHK1932 could also fit ?

Comment

Originally posted by Soulcharger View Post

Yes the stamp says IR2224. I knew that Rimmer bought stuff in India so China would be no surprise. Also I see that GHK1932 could also fit ?
        In that case it probably doesn't matter where you buy them..the Balco ones from jolly good car spares were top quality Timken...glad I got them when I did...just a shame they didn't have more.. GHK 1932 does seem to be the same, but I have no idea if it will be ball or roller.. For relatively low annual mileage (or kilometerage!) it probably won't make much difference..

Comment

Just bought these, hopefully should be OK.

Comment

Not sure if it is a ball or a roller, but RHP are good quality, I think the original factory ones were RHP....should last well I'd guess..

Comment

BTW I was looking at GHK1261 bearings, the ones in the EPC for my year but they look like two-piece bearings ?

Comment

Originally posted by Soulcharger View Post
                BTW I was looking at GHK1261 bearings, the ones in the EPC for my year but they look like two-piece bearings ?
                they were the last revision of the two piece bearing, I guess your vin is after the cut off point though, not sure if it is the same in epc, but the service bulletin said the change to single piece was at vin 378220.

Comment

Working...
                X