Maestro turbo intercooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro turbo intercooler

im going to up the hp on my maestro turbo to 250 can anybody tell me what intercooler would fit other than the standard one that's currently fitted to mine and does anybody have a suitable replacement

When I was looking into this early in my rebuild, I seem to recall that a SAAB 93 (I think) intercooler was seen as a good upgrade. Having said that, what you need to consider is the position and size of your radiator. That will dictate if you can use a cross-flow intercooler with exit pipes each side, or if you need to stick with a standard type reverse flow, where both the pipes are on the RHS of the radiator. If you have got access to the current Monstro, there is a pic of the intercoooler that Peter Charlesworth had custom made for his T16 Turbo. It might give you an idea about shape and size.
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

here's a Pic of a Forge intercooler that they use to make for the Mastro, it fits where the normal one usually goes just the support bracket needs moving

Comment

The picture is really grainy and distorted how about you post the intercooler to my house so I can have a good look at it up close I promise I will send it back honest

Comment

Are you using the standard turbo? Boost increase?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul72 View Post
            here's a Pic of a Forge intercooler that they use to make for the Mastro, it fits where the normal one usually goes just the support bracket needs moving
            I have a spare one of those

Comment

if your interested in the Intercooler I can send you some more photos of it, it's used but in fairly good condition. I'm using a intercooler over three times lager than that now its actually larger than the uprated Radtec radiator, I'm working on the car tomorrow so will take a pic of that as well for you

Comment

Hi, I am looking for one of these intercoolers if anyone has one for sale please PM me. Cheers Andy
                MG Maestro Turbo #500
                BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
                Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
                Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

here's the photos of the Radiator and intercooler
                  Attached Files

Comment

Fits like a glove...looks like a top job.

Comment

Sorry not been on the site for a bit thanks for the replies but I now have a larger intercooler Keith had one and some other bits I needed

Comment

Working...
                      X