Cambelt tensioner MG 2.0 EFI Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cambelt tensioner MG 2.0 EFI Help please

Help please - all of the cambelt tensioner kits i have seen (and bought) do not fit. the gates 15127 tensioner is completely wrong - anyone able to assist on the right tensioner kit reference and where to get them from?

Photo1 Current tensioner
    photo 2 - New tensioner - incorrect

You need a ford pinto engine tensioner and a small modification https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TIMING-BE...AAAOSwwDJZ3fyq
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 15th February 2018, 14:17.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

like this, and it works as ive done this on 2 engines
      Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 15th February 2018, 14:18.

Comment

Originally posted by MUTLEY View Post
        Help please - all of the cambelt tensioner kits i have seen (and bought) do not fit. the gates 15127 tensioner is completely wrong - anyone able to assist on the right tensioner kit reference and where to get them from?

Photo1 Current tensioner
        photo 2 - New tensioner - incorrect
        Mutley, Although what Jeff has written will work, the correct tensioner (ADU8335) is the one that you have flagged as incorrect. I don't know what the gates 15127 kit is as my searches appear to show its for a Peugeot. The correct tensioner is available on Ebay sites. The position of the fixing hole is slightly offcentre, so that if the tensioner overcentres without tightening the belt it can be repositioned on the inner hole of the water pump boss. The 8mm hexagon is then used to apply the tension.
        Membership Secretary
        Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
        2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
        1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

The correct tensioner is not available on any ebay site Pete,. AHU1055A is the correct part number Mutleys engine must be an early model so nla, there is also no hexagonal bolt as the tensioner is bolted to the waterpump. Mutley. Do you still have your MG Montego Turbo?
          Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 15th February 2018, 15:46.

Comment

You are correct Jeff. Early engine although the EPC doesn't give any change points. Expalins why Mutley was being sent tensioner for late type engine, though.
            Membership Secretary
            Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
            2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
            1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Hi All

Thanks for the responses, sadly I had to sell my Montego Turbo due to divorce, it was rebuilt by the buyer but he made a bad job of the sills, I saw it up for sale 18 months ago for £4000 ironically it had come back to Cambridgeshire but I didnt buy it back as sills were rubbish -despite sourcing full OE repairs.

My Maestro is the very first EFI but still has digital dash - its in a cross over year being on a B Plate - I have seen Analogue dash with EFI on a C plate - Next Job I need to do is source the fuel filler hose as above half a tank it leaks!!

Any ideas on the fuel filler hoses would also be welcome

Tristan

Comment

Originally posted by MUTLEY View Post
                Hi All

Thanks for the responses, sadly I had to sell my Montego Turbo due to divorce, it was rebuilt by the buyer but he made a bad job of the sills, I saw it up for sale 18 months ago for £4000 ironically it had come back to Cambridgeshire but I didnt buy it back as sills were rubbish -despite sourcing full OE repairs.

My Maestro is the very first EFI but still has digital dash - its in a cross over year being on a B Plate - I have seen Analogue dash with EFI on a C plate - Next Job I need to do is source the fuel filler hose as above half a tank it leaks!!

Any ideas on the fuel filler hoses would also be welcome

Tristan
                Fuel filler hoses are just a normal fuel pipe Tristan. Or do you mean the metal fuel filler pipe ? The first Maestro efi off the line? Shame about your turbo

Comment

Working...
                X