Central locking not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central locking not working

Got some difficulty with the central locking. The rear 2 doors have been mucking about ever since I bought it but I could get them open by leaving drivers window open and pulling on on rear door knob when opening and hey presto both rear doors opened (oh the joys of Maestro ownership ). Now the passengers door won't open nor rear doors, only the drivers door will open. I guess this was just waiting to happen, electric or mechanical ?

quite often its the switch mechanism in the drivers door I have the same issue.. they can be stripped down and cleaned, I have done mine a couple of times now but doesn't always have any effect, they are not motorised on the drivers door, I have an aftermarket alarm fitted which I find does help as it operates the switch slightly better than the key..
    home of the "mad maestro"
    rover sterling kv6 and four tailpipes on lenso rs5's
    1935 Morris 18/6 being rejuvenated with xj6 parts

Comment

Originally posted by thamestyres View Post
      quite often its the switch mechanism in the drivers door I have the same issue.. they can be stripped down and cleaned, I have done mine a couple of times now but doesn't always have any effect, they are not motorised on the drivers door, I have an aftermarket alarm fitted which I find does help as it operates the switch slightly better than the key..
      I got some advice off the M & M facebook page, that was "give one of the doors a good thump - that should do it" hey presto !! I did and it worked !!! Got some cleaning and greasing up to do come warmer weather. Thanks for advice.

Comment

Working...
      X