Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are mg metro seats the same size as mg maestro seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are mg metro seats the same size as mg maestro seats?

The only reason I am asking as there is a few knackered ones on eBay that miraculously have the red stripe still attached. Was wondering if this stripe on the metro seat is the same length as the maestros? The one on my drivers seat is half missing, the only bit letting the interior down. Would take the stripe off and scrap the rest of the seat if so. Unless anyone has an immaculate seat for sale or a knackered one with the stripe still fully attached that can be cut off? Cheers Andy
    MG Maestro Turbo #500
    BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
    Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
    Rover 218vvc Coupe

I will be able to answer this, as i brought a set of MG Metro seats for this very purpose! However, they are all in the loft at the moment. I will endevour to have a look at the weekend. I can say the front seats themselves are not the same, simular but different!

Comment

Comment

Here we have a MG Metro interior I bought a while ago and my ‘86 Montego Turbo seats. The red stripe measures the same. I have also checked against a MG maestro efi seat and again the stripe appears to be the same length. I have the metro interior for sale at £100. There is also some useful red stripe on the rear seats.

Comment

I have just had a measure up and they seem extremely similar in size. The major difference being the metro seats fold forward to allow access to the rear seats.

Comment

Thanks very much for the reply's . I don't need the full interior but if someone has a single seat for sale with the red stripe intact and that isn't in good condition for a restoration etc I would pay the going price for the seat but would just want the intact red stripe posting to me. Cheers Andy
            MG Maestro Turbo #500
            Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

I have had one offer for the two front seats, if I decide to sell I’ll have a measure up of the rear seat stripe and you would be very welcome to it if it’s any good. I’ll keep you updated.

Comment

Ok that's, much appreciated.
                MG Maestro Turbo #500
                Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Yes the front seats are the same. The difference is in the upright frame and added plastic trim if a 2 door You can unpick the seat cover fronts and sew onto montego or maestro covers if needed. The base is more like a Maestro as they can have vinyl sewn half way
                  Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 23rd March 2018, 08:06.
                  1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                  1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                  1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                  2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                  2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                  2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Working...
                  X