Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O-Series rear engine mount, fixable or available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O-Series rear engine mount, fixable or available?

Hello.
    While preparing my engine for removal the condition of the rear engine mount has come to my attention, in that it really isn't mounting anything. The rubber is no longer attached to the metal.
    Can these be re-bonded? They don't seem to be available any more which is a bit of an ar5e.
    SO assuming my worst fears are correct, does anyone have one for sale?

Cheers,
    Ian
    Ian Drew
    MG Maestro Turbo '400'
    MG ZT V8
    Rover 75 V6 Estate

I found one on ebay, but had to keep looking for a long time, not sure that I'd trust a second hand one too far. I took Daniel Pyke's advice and filled it with tiger seal (same as sika flex), I'm thinking about trying to re bond the old one with tiger seal as an experiment...it is very strong. Years ago I rebonded one with some stuff a bearing rep brought to work, 'double bubble' it was called, it worked, but I've not seen it since....
    good luck!

Comment

Ian, Googling the part number CRC6445 found a Polish web page, that looks like they stock L/R parts. The mounting is mentioned but as I can't read Polish, I don't know if their parts list is showing they have any in stock, or if its historical information
      Membership Secretary
      Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
      2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
      1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

That Tiger Seal certainly appears to be good stuff. Having never used it I wonder if it would be strong enough. As I have a spare engine mount that has also separated I'll give it a go.

Cheers guys.
        Ian
        Ian Drew
        MG Maestro Turbo '400'
        MG ZT V8
        Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

Originally posted by Sussex Pete View Post
          Ian, Googling the part number CRC6445 found a Polish web page, that looks like they stock L/R parts. The mounting is mentioned but as I can't read Polish, I don't know if their parts list is showing they have any in stock, or if its historical information
          Looks like it fits a Land Rover too, here's a Danish advert that might help. Everyone in Denmark speaks English, I've bought spres there, good luck.

http://shop.glad.dk/shop/land-rover-ophaeng-552p.html

Comment

Originally posted by Soulcharger View Post

Looks like it fits a Land Rover too, here's a Danish advert that might help. Everyone in Denmark speaks English, I've bought spres there, good luck.

http://shop.glad.dk/shop/land-rover-ophaeng-552p.html
            nearly 200 quid - that's ridiculous !
            midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

Originally posted by mgdavid View Post

nearly 200 quid - that's ridiculous !
              That may be true but now knowing it's also a Land Rover part you can trawl Land Rover breakers see if they've got one.

Comment

Working...
              X