Radio Cassette Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Cassette Problem

I disconnected my battery and when I redid it I had problems with the Radio Cassette player. When I switched it on to 're-enter the code the back light inside the display unit did not come on. I know power is there as I can hear the speaker noise. Is the unit wasted or can I remove it and replace some sort of bulb in the display?
    I don't want to upgrade to a CD player so can these items be fixed?

Cheers
    S

Hi. I have successfully replaced the bulbs in early Rover radio cassettes in the past. As I recall they were made by Phillips with model numbers DC652 R570 R670 and R681.

In each case they have a small "grain of wheat" type bulb (12 volt) to provide illumination and can be remo
    ved with careful use of a soldering iron.

I use to get the bulbs from Maplins but with their demise I am sure you can get them via the internet.

Comment

Something like this

Comment

Cut the old filament lamp off leaving a bit of the old connecting leads. Solder the new lamp's leads onto these existing leads.

Lamp can be accessed by dismantling the front of the radio cassette and pulling the actual display unit up and off its connector.
        M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
        Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Here is the dead bulb. Can anyone tell me the spec's of it?
          I am looking at alternative bulbs like simular size halogen or maybe indicator bulb?
          I can see plenty around but I have no knowledge in this area.
          Any help is well recieved.
          Cheers
          S

Comment

Working...
          X