Where's the dash fixing points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the dash fixing points?

My blower motors gone.. Apart from the bolts eitherside by the door and mileometer console where else are the buggers? I need to replace the blower motor
    0-60 in 8.2 hours 1/4mile in time for breakfast but the rust wins hands down

Remove steering column and shroud, instrument panel, radio and window switches (if fitted) heater switch panel, heater control panel, disconnect multi-plugs and lights. Remove glovebox lid, drop glovebox top cover and remove connectors to ECU's and main harness. Remove bolts at each end of fascia and bolt securing centre support strut in front of centre console. Remove fascia assembly with firm pull to disconnect clips from screen rail,
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Have a read as I did a how to years ago http://maestro.org.uk/forums/forum/g...3-dash-removal
      Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 27th January 2019, 09:37.
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Bloody hell taking the dash out of a Serena was a sinch to this jeezas h christ

Comment

I think I need a few whiskies in this bloody weather it needs doing ASAP and mot to start a new job Monday ie getting there... Taxi!

Comment

Originally posted by guussi View Post
            Bloody hell taking the dash out of a Serena was a sinch to this jeezas h christ
            It's easier than it looks

Comment

Cheers Jeff as said it was easy getting a heater matrix n dash out of my old Serena... But I was 15yrs younger lol

Comment

Well since putting on a leather steering wheel 15yrs ago I can't get the fukcer off so ive got to fetch the column out... Ive got the base bolt out but the others at the top I can't find I'm 6"6' with not much room... I may have to take thethe seat out ffs

Comment

Its a bit fresh outside. .

Comment

Well since putting on a leather steering wheel 15yrs ago I can't get the fukcer off so ive got to fetch the column out... Ive got the base bolt out but the others at the top I can't find I'm 6"6' with not much room... I may have to take thethe seat out ffs
                    Grab the wheel and move it violently left to right a lot, that normally moves it.

Comment

Well I do have a gear puller but it would be grabbing against hard plastic covered foam.. I can't afford a garage so I have to DIY it

Comment

Yay the steering is off!
                        Now the plastic cowls are held in with hollow slant plugs that don't want to come out..
                        Any ideas before I end up smashing the fukcers off?
                        The anger n frustration is actually keeping me warm. ..grrrrrr
                        Last edited by guussi; 31st January 2019, 16:39.

Comment

Yay the steering is off!
                          Now the plastic cowls are held in with hollow slant plugs that don't want to come out..
                          Any ideas before I end up smashing the fukcers off?
                          The anger n frustration is actually keeping me warm. ..grrrrrr
                          Should be screws inside the steering cowl, 2 on the bottom, one on top and one each side. Should be phillips screws but may have been replaced in the past by flat heads, you don't need to remove the hollow sleves

Comment

Ive took the screws out.. So I thought years ago
                            Hmmm time to go back out there in the freezer
                            Im a plank. . Cheers

Comment

Ive took the screws out.. So I thought years ago
                              Hmmm time to go back out there in the freezer
                              Im a plank. . Cheers
                              No Worries, Once the cowls off, just loosen the centre screw for the wipers/indicator stalks and pull towards you, don't remove the screw

Comment

Working...
                              X