No announcement yet.

Where's the dash fixing points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cowls are off the screws were so deep in making me think they were already out... Doh
    The dash isn't moving.. The two plugs off the clocks but it's still attached. . Having a warm up break
    0-60 in 8.2 hours 1/4mile in time for breakfast but the rust wins hands down

Comment

Have you removed all the parts, screws , bolt etc ?
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Im still on my get back warm break...
        As far as I know but the dash aint budging the glove box lid is still on that needs coming off.. .

Comment

I you've followed my 'how to' and all has now been removed, including the radio etc as there is a bolt there, pull up from the bottom of the centre part of the dash to get it over the centre consol. If you haven't then you have more to remove first

Comment

On it like sonic extension lead with light and heater its going to be a long night... Feeling rough from yesterday's hyperthermia...

Comment

Originally posted by guussi View Post
              On it like sonic extension lead with light and heater its going to be a long night... Feeling rough from yesterday's hyperthermia...
              Really ? I can get a dash out in 25 mins

Comment

Im 6'6" and big it's not easy... Plugs not coming out etc the steering wheel off was a relief

Comment

Are you anywhere near evesham Worcestershire? LOL

Comment

Jeff could we face time on the mobile so you can see what I've done what I've missed etc I'm finding this cold temperature a real hinderance
                    I had housing association officer come round giving me the riot act as its not MOTd and my new boss pressuring me to start ASAP.... Just abit of stress I don't need

Comment

What's facetime ? I am old you know

Comment

A video telephone convo so you can see what I've missed I've got synusitus loosing my voice I'll be out at it shortly

Comment

Jeff how do u get that speedo cable off? The white heater insert aint budging either..

Comment

Originally posted by guussi View Post
                            Jeff how do u get that speedo cable off? The white heater insert aint budging either..
                            There's a white fixing behind the dash display .if you push the speedo cable into the cabin from the engine bay it gives you more room. You have to push the white fixing to one side and make it slide over a bit to release the cable. The white heater box etc is held on by screws behind the display, if you remove the dials and the grey plastic display you should see them

Comment

Working...
                            X