Blower heater bushes needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blower heater bushes needed

I got the dash off and found the blower motor I bought from an online scrapyard isn't the same as mine..
    Anyone know what carbon bushes they use and where to source them from?
    0-60 in 8.2 hours 1/4mile in time for breakfast but the rust wins hands down

don't know exactly, but if you have a vacum cleaner/power tool repair place nearby, they will have something similar on their shelves, I've filed random brushes down before now. A starter/alternator place might be able to poin you in the right direction, but unlikely to have a suitable brush on hand. Power tool ones might not last as long as originals, but better thn nowt! Bosch service centre might have them, or there is ebay, but time may be against you there..... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heater-Bl...frcectupt=true

Comment

Yeah my new boss wants me in n Monday... Then mot on Tuesday... He is pissed off me messaging about having the wrong blower motor unlikely starting tuesday.. So apart from new bushes Im limited but hey I got the dash off lol

Comment

How do you know it's the motor bushes? Have you tried bridging the contacts on the resistor? Or just connecting the motor to a battery first?
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
        2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

No good point so it's bushes or resistor out in a mo

Comment

don't forget that switch, resistor etc are all on the negative (earth) side and positive is always on via ignition relay and fuse....Won't matter if it is all out of the car, but have seen people connecting live to both sides of æ motor before

Comment

Working...
            X