MG Maestro Turbo Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG Maestro Turbo Exhaust

Morning all, I'm just thinking its time to renew the exhaust system on my Turbo (#68). During the restoration we patched up the original exhaust, but it's now looking and sounding a bit rough. Is the Turbo exhaust the same as the EFi? ie parts GEX 111013/33221/33166? My local exhaust supplier has offered to build a bespoke stainless replacement, but has this already been done elsewhere? (I would hate to "re-invent the wheel"). Finally apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere on the forum. Cheers, Colin.

Hi Colin, efi exhaust has a smaller bore size. Rear box is Maestro Turbo specific., central box and downpipe are the same as a montego turbo but scarce. If you can get a stainless one made up, I would go for it.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

I managed to get a montego turbo exhaust for mine and just cut the rear pipe of the backbox down to the same size as the original maestro turbo one. Its just a bit longer.
      MG Maestro Turbo #500
      BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
      Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
      Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

But definitely not the same as the EFi version. The downpipe is different as it comes from the turbo not the manifold and the rear tail pipe bit is a different shape due to different bodykit. Also, the bore is larger (I think) on the turbo, but possibly the same as the turbo diesel
        Ian Drew
        MG Maestro Turbo '400'
        MG ZT V8
        Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

Dunno if helps you ive just had a stainless exhuast made for my 2.0 maestro done in a day cost was 420

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback chaps. I'm leaning towards the bespoke stainless steel solution. Will keep you posted.

Comment

cleandave2, any recommendations on Stainless bespoke exhaust manufacturers? A friend needs one for his Jag.
              Cheers,
              Ian
              Ian Drew
              MG Maestro Turbo '400'
              MG ZT V8
              Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

Working...
              X