Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modified caburettor needle valve for mg maestro turbo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modified caburettor needle valve for mg maestro turbo.

Hi, does anyone know if I can get one of the above anywhere still? I emailed motobuild with no reply. The turbo is going in for its mot tomorrow along with a long list of jobs so might be away for a while. I am going to take it to get set up of an RR after the work done so I wanted the boost raised to 12psi first and I believe you need a different needle from standard to do this. Cheers Andy. ps I have see some online for the metro turbo engine which I believe is the same carburetor but I take it they are different in some way?
    MG Maestro Turbo #500
    BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
    Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
    Rover 218vvc Coupe

Anyone? Been looking but struggling.
    MG Maestro Turbo #500
    Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

I'm fairly sure they run at at least 12psi anyway? The standard needle will be fine up to 14psi.
      I'm only guessing here, but if you bought a motobuild modified one you just put it in and off you go. If you're going to the expense of a rolling road then I would have thought that they could modify a standard needle there and then to get the fuelling exactly right for your engine?
      Ian
      Ian Drew
      MG Maestro Turbo '400'
      MG ZT V8
      Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

Thanks. That's ok then. Not going for anything crazy its an old car just wanted to get the best out of it I reasonable could. Use to be a lot of information online on tuning the o-series turbo that seems to have disappeared over time. I just remembered the caburettor needle been the first step.
        MG Maestro Turbo #500
        Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Working...
        X