No announcement yet.

Correct HT Leads for MG Maestro Turbo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct HT Leads for MG Maestro Turbo.

I purchased the below ht leads and they are up to 2" short. I presumed they were the same as the montego turbo/maestro efi ones. (I was sure the last ones I bought were efi ones). I asked the seller if he accidently sent the wrong ones and he said they don't stock maestro turbo ones he has had that problem once before they are just for montogo turbo/maestro efi. That surely cant be correct? If so which leads do fit? I was wanting some red ones to match the engine bay. Cheers Andy

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAESTRO-M...4AAMXQya1Q6r8e
    MG Maestro Turbo #500
    BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
    Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
    Rover 218vvc Coupe

Ask him the set is comparable to the Unipart item GHT246/247. The second number will be for the turbo and will have a longer coil lead than the Efi version.
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

No he said he doesn't stock them. Thanks for the part number but it strangely doesn't come up with any for sale. Although I have found these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magnecor-...53.m1438.l2649 but they are a bit pricy. The others that fit are cheap Chinese crap. I was wanting at least 8mm thick and red if possible. Which one did you put on yours pete? Cheers Andy
      MG Maestro Turbo #500
      Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

I got an NGK set in black. After my shenanigans with the spark plugs that were resolved by fitting NGK plugs, I thought I would play safe by sticking with the brand. As for your seller, strange that he lists the Montego Turbo as an engine the plugs were suitable for, but now doesn't stock them. The part number is common for both Maestro and Montego.....
        Membership Secretary

Comment

Are these the ones? Is 20HC the engine code for maestro turbo and 20H for the montego turbo? Only difference in description. What thickness are they?

http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/ignitio...-kit/ngk/0542/

Cheers Andy
          MG Maestro Turbo #500
          Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Just clicked to buy see the p+p costs and the are not available. Looks like I am going for the magnecor ones unless any branded ones turn up.
            MG Maestro Turbo #500
            Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

I just tried to find who I bought mine from, but my Ebay purchase history doesn't go back far enough. I'll look through my receipts when I get a chance and let you know.
              Membership Secretary

Comment

Ok thanks Pete. Help appreciated
                MG Maestro Turbo #500
                Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Those magnecor might be just the four plug leads. some sets will only be the four plug leads. Don't make the mistake I did and not replace all five leads!

Comment

Good shout, looks like it in the picture. Very expensive then considering it's not a full set.
                    MG Maestro Turbo #500
                    Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Sussex Pete View Post
                      I just tried to find who I bought mine from, but my Ebay purchase history doesn't go back far enough. I'll look through my receipts when I get a chance and let you know.
                      Pete, if you regularly leave feedback for your purchases, and you remember roughly when you bought them, your feedback history should allow you to find the item and ebay ID of who you bought from. If you then search for items currently for sale by the seller ID you can get the full details....
                      HTH
                      midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

Just found that I bought them from Wilcox. Their partnumber is MGHT247 and they were £18. This was back in 2015, mind!
                        Membership Secretary

Comment

Ok thanks Pete. I might be getting some custom ones made up now but if not I will get these.
                          MG Maestro Turbo #500
                          Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Sussex Pete View Post
                            Just found that I bought them from Wilcox. Their partnumber is MGHT247 and they were £18. This was back in 2015, mind!
                            I have just rang Wilcox up and they do have some in but he's not sure if the part number is correct for my car. He said they come back to montego turbo. I asked him to measure the coil cable and he said it was 13" This sound right? Thanks Andrew
                            MG Maestro Turbo #500
                            Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post

I have just rang Wilcox up and they do have some in but he's not sure if the part number is correct for my car. He said they come back to montego turbo. I asked him to measure the coil cable and he said it was 13" This sound right? Thanks Andrew
                              13" should be fine. I've just measured mine and it was 21" but has quite a large loop of slack. 13" will be more like a direct connection
                              Membership Secretary

Comment

Working...
                              X