The New MG 2.0 wont start..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neallew View Post
    Thanks very much - I cant even find that page via their website - went to a dealer today (xpart supplier) he was as much use as a chocolate teapot. Glad to say this is one of the very few useful car forums i have come across and so far Metro Maestro and MGb guys are all great and very helpful...
    Click on the link, goes straight to it. Put part number in without any spaces, don't understand why it's not working for you as the link goes straight to the search engine
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible, nearly finished
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Out and being used
    1984 MG Montego EFi in black. Digital dash and bring worked on
    1984 MG Montego EFI. Digital dash. Work put back
    2002 MGZS 180. Cheap 50 car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. What a car, my fave atm

Comment

the link you gave does sorry i didnt make that clear - id already been to dealer before i saw the link.

Comment

Ouch a little too expensive - going the repaired route is more cost effective - see below

We have part number CRC9291 in stock. Price including shipment is 629,91. Enclosed you will find 2 pictures.
        Payment in advance by bank transfer or by PayPal via this e-mail address: info@damenenkroes.nl. We do not accept credit cards or cheques.

Comment

Tank now cut open by firm and I collected, as i might as well do donkey work to remove the sealer in the tank as pay them to do it. I took a couple of phots of the inside if anyone wants to see them - post here or in a new thread? so it can go in the technical section? shows all the positions of the pipes and the layout of the swirl chamber etc.
          Second question do i leave inside as bare wire brushed steel or do i apply rust converter? will this interfere with the reweld process? or be even be stable once covered in fuel?

Comment

Originally posted by neallew View Post
            Tank now cut open by firm and I collected, as i might as well do donkey work to remove the sealer in the tank as pay them to do it. I took a couple of phots of the inside if anyone wants to see them - post here or in a new thread? so it can go in the technical section? shows all the positions of the pipes and the layout of the swirl chamber etc.
            Second question do i leave inside as bare wire brushed steel or do i apply rust converter? will this interfere with the reweld process? or be even be stable once covered in fuel?
            Post on this tread will be ok Neal. I would leave the rust proofing to the company who's doing the job, as long as it doesn't interfere with all pipes in and out it should be ok. I wouldn't leave bare metal as the original tanks were painted
            1958 Ford Consul Convertible, nearly finished
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Out and being used
            1984 MG Montego EFi in black. Digital dash and bring worked on
            1984 MG Montego EFI. Digital dash. Work put back
            2002 MGZS 180. Cheap 50 car
            2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
            2004 MGZT V8. What a car, my fave atm

Comment

I was referring to the inside of the tank ( not very clear on that I know)- once welded ill be priming and painting outside and possibly underseal the bottom once in place too..

Comment

Working...
              X