start to jumping montego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, for you help Doctordiesel77

Now I have a new question. I have a haynes montego owner where appears the number of connections, but in my car there arenīt numbers. Do you know how I could learn these?

Thanks, best regards
    Attached Files
    Montego 1.6 SL 1989
    Golf V 1.9 TDI 2004

Comment

This is not the exact same ecu, but I believe that the pin numbers are the same: https://blackbox-solutions.com/help/SM002.html this company repairs ecus and might be able to give you more information: https://www.atpelectronics.co.uk/c/r...o-ignition-ecu The numbers will most likely be marked inside the plug, but I'm guessing that you will not want to look in there! Hope this helps
      John

Comment

Thanks, for you help Doctordiesel77

I test other stepper motor and it push rod that moves fast idle and idle speed as we can see in photo, but there arenīt movement in rotary choke. The stepper motor settle in car now also pust rod the moves fast idle but, I donīt know if there are movement in rotary choke. How is the movement of rotary choke?

Thanks, best regards
        Attached Files
        Montego 1.6 SL 1989
        Golf V 1.9 TDI 2004

Comment

I have not had anything to do with them, but I think that E.T.V. or some of the others on here will know the answer

Comment

The stepper motor has two functions. First to push the little pin out to open the throttle slightly (via a cam inside). Second the tube with the O rings on rotates (I think it is the outside bit that rotates - it could be the inside bit but it has been too long since I looked at one). Anyway as it does so the hole in it moves and this alters the fuelling (enriches it). In this way the idle speed is increased and the mixture richened when the engine is cold. The standard O rings are normal rubber. Modern unleaded fuel causes these to swell and split resulting in poor mixture control. Replacing them with viton O rings (Size BS013) is the usual fix.
            www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
            www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
            www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Thank you very much for you help.

Definitely I change the O-rings and fuel pump and it seems like works well again.

I appreciate very much for the help you have given me to solve this problem.

I will keep you informed of how it evolves.

Thank you
              Montego 1.6 SL 1989
              Golf V 1.9 TDI 2004

Comment

Working...
              X