Ring gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring gear

Is the Ring gear the same on a 1.6 S series Montego and Maestro and what is the ref number as i think i will be need one if any one has a good one they can part with .I fitted one in the 90s but i think there NLA ?
    Sure & steadfast.
    BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
    1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
    1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Does anyone have a part number ??
    Sure & steadfast.
    1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

According to microfiche Maestro 1300 / 1600 have a choice of flywheel ADU5806 identified by part number 067 105 273 germany stamped on inner face, this uses ring gear ADU6078 or flywheel DAM5968 identified by casting part number 5970 on inner face, this uses ring gear DAM5981.... The Montego (1988 on): 1300 has the same choices, but ring gear for the DAM5968 is listed as DAM8563. 1600 only lists one flywheel, UAM3560, ring gear DAM8565, the 2 litre ring gear is also DAM8565 (or an nla part number DAM7527 which was replaced by dam8565) Putting DAM8565 into Rimmers ends up with https://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-PSD101580 but not sure that that helps much as it looks like a whole flywheel...
      Last edited by Doctordiesel77; 24th June 2017, 20:26.

Comment

I have Adu 6078 as a possable? DAM6078 & DAM 8563 ? its difficult on my disc to see what some of the numbers are esp 5s and 6s I carnt remember which i had before but i had it from the our club parts new in the 90s
        Sure & steadfast.

Comment

It seems odd that the microfiche has so many different part numbers, which it implies are incompatible, I just copied what was on it...my guess is that you might be able to change flywheels between cars... i wonder if any ring gears are the same as V W ones...

Comment

I have the origanal ring gear that i turned round when i put it on a spare flywheel in the 90s that has DAM number stamped on the caseing .However ive been told thats not the part number just a casting number I ll have to wait for tjhe garage to take in off to see what is stamped on it -He can compair both flywheels and if the same use the spare until i can find a new one .The epc give several variant if one is NLA 1300 & 1600 are the same .It dosent say export model are differant .
            The begs me to queary if the Diferant number for flywheels /ring-gears need to be adheared to as why would there needto be any changes inbetween any face lift when the vw box is attached to the S-series engine ?
            Last edited by TLC; 26th June 2017, 19:13.
            Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Yes, I wondered why there was such an apparent Ly large variety of different parts to do the same job...I guess they might have been using vw parts, knowing vw there would be many pointless part number changes....,

Comment

Dose any one have a good flywheel off a 1.6 S -series /1300 or know if vw used the same flywheel on vw cars .
                Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Often there are different teeth profiles, which is the same reason there are different starter motors to go with them. I think that is the reason there is a coloured cap on the end of the starter motor to indicate which profile of teeth are fitted. Its the same issue with the O series, there are several patterns of ring gear and starters to match.
                  www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                  www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                  www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

I am hopeing that te ring-gears are the same and just the flywheels numbers are differant .I carnt see weather the Ring grear off Rimmers 2lt one would be suitable unless i go and compare with my origanal ..I have to go up any way to collect some parts i orderd a few months ago so will go up next week .I have also located a ADU6078 but again need to take a 2hr trip to compare it with my origanal
                    Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Its sorted ive orderd one from the Netherlands
                      Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Just a update.
                        The one from the Nethlands never happened as when it came to it they couldnt find the ringgear in there stores.I found one with a differant number on ebay and took a chance and it fitted and there was no differance in the profile on the teeth .I also was told by W E wilcock the that part number would deff not fit by there parts manager the cost for that was around £90 + vat+ delivery att .I paid £10 + a few pounds for post for mine. I also found another for similar money from a Rover parts deeler i know through ebay .which i have also as a spare .So the concluseion is that the parts numbers may be differant but the parts are the same weather for export or uk market and the casting numbers are not the part number .
                        Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Working...
                        X