Air noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air noise

Hi, I have a noise problem. When I go with my montego on the highway in the interior of the car, there is a lot of air noise coming from the window, can the rubber gasket be worn? Where can I find them?
    I want to find the bottom gasket of the window, the gasket that surrounds the window and those of the door

Anybody have an idea of how are these rubber gasket and where can I get them? Thanks Click image for larger version

Name:	1514813861045375141379.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	2.95 MB
ID:	324057
    Attached Files

Anybody?

Comment

Theres nothing wrong with the door top trim rubber seal that I can see in your first picture, Have you looked at the door seal that goes round the door opening as they can perish. Also the door window rubber, on your second picture that you have between you finger may have moved a little so check that and that the glass still fits flush. You may also like to try the door frame, does it sit tight on the door opening seal and lastly the door mirror, is the seal ok there and are the screws still tight
      Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 9th January 2018, 13:47.
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

to check the rubbers are sealing, one at a time spray them with silicone spray, this will reduce the wind noise from the seals and protect the rubber from perishing as quickly.. also stops the door freezing shut in the winter... regards ricky
        home of the "mad maestro"
        rover sterling kv6 and four tailpipes on lenso rs5's
        1935 Morris 18/6 being rejuvenated with xj6 parts

Comment

Working...
        X