engine position

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine position

hello good morning, I replaced the engine of my montego a few months ago but when I accelerate and decelerate abruptly the engine tilts. I bought the new right and left motor brackets and checked the status of the front anti-torque. Could it have placed the motor tilted? What is the correct position? What angles should it form? Thank you

Did you check the engine mounting bushes? If the gearbox mounting is bolted up ok I would check, as you look into the engine bay, the rear left engine mounting and the front engine mounting. How do you know it tilts ? Are you getting a knocking noise? If so that might be the exhaust bashing on the front subframe
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible, new seats nearly ready
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Recon engine ready to go in
    1984 MG Montego EFi. Digital dash. Resto commences
    1984 MG Montego EFI. Digital dash putting together
    2002 MGZS 180. Cheap 50 car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. What a car, my fave atm

Comment

The only engine mounting bush that I did not check is the rear of the gearbox. I noticed the movements when declutch while braking to check the movement. The problem is that releasing the accelerator produces jerks. I do not know if it will be normal. I have hard suspensions. With the originals it was more noticeable, I do not think the problem comes from the suspensions.

Comment

Does it do that when pulling away? what about when putting your foot on the brake?
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible, new seats nearly ready
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Recon engine ready to go in
        1984 MG Montego EFi. Digital dash. Resto commences
        1984 MG Montego EFI. Digital dash putting together
        2002 MGZS 180. Cheap 50 car
        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
        2004 MGZT V8. What a car, my fave atm

Comment

Working...
        X