Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted wiring diagram montego countryman 2.0 turbo diesel

Wanted wiring diagram for a Montego countryman 2.0 turbo diesel

Hello , does anybody have a scan or a copy of a wiring diagram for a Montego countryman 2.0 turbo diesel?
    I have the original user handbook that came with the car when new but no diagram there I also have several Haynes Monty books but none of the diagrams in there are the right ones for my models.
    My problems are: 1 no ignition lights on the dashboard and cannot start the car unless I run a wire ( with a fuse ) directly from the battery to the ignition switch, all fuses are ok, tried changing the fuseboard but the problem came back three days later.

2 headlamp/indicator switch : I have changed four stalks in the past three years when the headlamps stop coming on while all other functions on the stalk carry on working. Sometime the stalk seize eventually and start melting the casing containing the contacts of the stalk…. Would it help if I fit a relay between the stalk and the headlamps ?

3 clock was only working intermittently for five years , tried changing it with another one but the problem was not solved with the clock sometime working some other times not working but now it has stopped working at all ..as dead as a dodo.

Will greatly appreciate any kind of help from anyone

i hope this works
    Attached Files

Comment

it is from the haynes manual isbn 1850108579

Comment

Relay for headlamps is a good plan, I used a 'cheaper than the relays and plugs on their own' ebay kit, so far seems to work fine, very easy to fit and lights are brighter too, due to less resistance in the circuit. Looked similar to this, but I thought it was cheaper... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H4-9003-W...0AAOSwexhczpgy

Comment

i don't think the dim dip headlights will work with that kit. i had headlights burn out a fuse board before so if you don,t use dim dip it might be worth a go, but with the engine running the headlight might come on full power with the side light depending on the triggering voltage of the relay.

Comment

Originally posted by robert1 View Post
            i don't think the dim dip headlights will work with that kit. i had headlights burn out a fuse board before so if you don,t use dim dip it might be worth a go, but with the engine running the headlight might come on full power with the side light depending on the triggering voltage of the relay.
            You are right, the resistor passes more than enough current to trigger the relay, I never saw much point in the dim dip anyway. Now if parking lights are on, dip beam comes on with the ignition. The only downside is if you forget and drive off with switch on first position, it appears that main beam has failed , until you realise and kick yourself (after about 25 miles in my case ha ha ha!) Removing the resistors would cure it, but all I was bothered about ws reducing current flow in the inside wiring, the brighter lights were a bonus..

Comment

you could try removing fuse 8, it is in line with the resistors.

Comment

hi Robert thank you for your swift reply and the diagram for the diesel engine. is that diagram for the Montego countryman estate wiring? , I only ask because on my car I have three fusible links rather than two and there is no sign of the lights set up .I am posting your diagram where I added the wire colours . once again thank you for your help
                Attached Files

Comment

It is the only one in the manual for cars. The main diagram is in the petrol manual, it shows the layout of the fuse box pcb

Comment

Does sound as though you have an earthing problem
                    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

hi Jeff
                      thank you for your suggestion , I have checked two connections from the battery earth terminal to the bodywork, the ones that go to the left and right inner wings near the back of the front headlamps and they were clean devoid of rust and securely tightened up. could you think of any other points where the wiring goes to connect to the ground and what is their location? thank you

Comment

Working...
                      X