T16 conversion - rover ti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the replies, its all useful information

I spoke to the B.O.B guy who altered the ECU and he was very helpful.

Based on what has been said and a fresh look at the wiring diagrams, I think it is wiring trouble after all. I'll have another go at it.

The problem is that I only have snippets of the 220 turbo wiring diagram - i don't have a full car diagram like the Maestro one. Hopefully i have enough to get it running.

cheers

Comment

Whereabouts are you? Perhaps someone local could take a look?

It certainly sounds like a wiring fault to me.

I assume you've got the main MEMS relay all wired in properly?
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

mems relay?

Ive just had another look. I managed to get the engine cranking via the 220 engine bay fuse box which i have slaved in and also via the original maestro wiring.

The engine cranks nicely, but i have no fuel or spark.

I have connected the 220 fusebox output green and white to the maestro 2.0i green and white wire which used to be the one connected to the starter solenoid to give 12v on cranking; no fuel is pumping - i've cracked the pipe to the fuel rail and there is definitely no fuel coming through and i cant hear the pump.

There is 12v at the ignition sense wire where it goes into the 220 engine fusebox . I have connected the maestro white wire to the rover 220 fusebox green and pink wire. With the ignition on i get 12v at the LT wire at the coil; when i crank there is no spark at the plugs or from the king lead.

I changed the crank sensor as the old one was discovered to be broken before i fitted the engine.

**************MEMS RELAY**********************
        As i have mentioned, i only have a small part of the wiring diagrams for the 220 turbo side of things. I have used the 220 turbo engine fuse box, but have not integrated the relay module that was attached to the 220 bulkhead as i can only find info that suggests it is for the fans/ A/C condenser.

ETV, i noticed a box similar to this on a pic of a black maestro that i believe you helped put together - is this where i am going wrong?

cheers

Comment

Ive just disconnected the crank sensor, and now i have a spark! It was a brand new one; It may have been faulty or perhaps it was the wrong one.

still no fuel pump though...

Comment

T16 maestro now running!

Ive finally got the car fired up, it seems it was a problem with the wiring and faulty parts that i fitted during the conversion.

Many thanks to all those who have helped and given suggestions and information.

Ive got the exhaust to to and then it will be back on the road.

Does any one know who would be best to get insurance from with it now being modified?

cheers
            Attached Files

Comment

looks nice tidy car from what i can see
              MG Maestro turbo 437
              367 Bhp

Comment

The mems relay pack isn't essential, but it depends on how much of the donor wiring you are using. It controls the two speed fans and I think also the fuel pump and ECU power supply, but all these can use the standard car wiring if you prefer.

Did you use the same flywheel as the donor car and is it a distributor model? As you are probably running a crank and a cam sensor the car will run with either disconnected (but not both). If you have the wrong flywheel (2 or 4 gap options are available), or a duff crank sensor then unplugging this may allow the engine to run as the engine will revert to using the cam sensor.

Comment

Can't wait for my go oskartron

Comment

I had mine insured by Adrian Flux, they have a dedicated modified car section.
                    Have you thought about letting the DVLA know to make it legit? I did, isn't too much of a pain.

Ian
                    Ian Drew
                    MG Maestro Turbo '400'
                    MG ZT V8
                    Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

I transferred the same engine, gearbox flywheel, ECU, and engine bay fuse/relay box from the donor car. I think than the crank sensor must have been either the wrong one or broken on fitting it.

I had a look through my wiring diagrams and they seem to indicate that the fuse box i fitted has all the relays required. It all seems to work ok at the moment...

Comment

Well done for getting it running, it is always good to jump in and sort it yourself!

I'm insured with adrian flux also, they are very good on price.

Comment

I know this thread is a few years old now, but can someone give me a link to best of british, please? changing the engine in the rallycar from 820 to 620

Comment

http://www.bestofbritishrover.com

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-MEMS...item3d1537b52d
                            Last edited by Paul72; 19th February 2017, 18:40.

Comment

cheers paul, that's exactly what I need!

Comment

Depending on the engine ECU it may or may not require decoding. The early ECU's are DIY bypassable.

Comment

Working...
                                X