• Show
Clear All

• Brakes and coilovers

Progress today.

AP Brakes conversion/MK3 golf coilovers
    Very easy jobs to do.
    Brakes first..

Step 1
    Caliper carier (hub) remove old caliper and clean and box to be reused if i ever want to go back standard...i do this with all my parts i remove so everything takes twice as long and costs a bit more as i carry out any repairs to old parts at time if neded.

step 2
    Dont modifiy calipers i removed a couple of mm on each bolt hole on the hub useing a large file took just a few minuites....left plenty of meet on them so no worrys there.

step 3
    THE DISKS bolted it all up with 304mm disks to make my mind up how much to have them turned down decided on 298mm to be safe with clearence, got them back yesterday from machine shop and the whole lot bolts together like its OE.

step 4
    Brake hoses still yet to do looks the easiest part of the job.

Coilovers..

Step 1 Remove old struts and springs both well past repairing so strait in the scrap bin.

step 2 Adapt top mounts used standard golf Bearings and the rest is all Montego and all fits together perfect.

Step 3 Bottom mounting bracket on coilover 1 of the holes need to be oveled a fraction to match the hub Bracket aprox 2.5mm,i adjusted the top hole as more land to play with.

step 4 The mounting point is to wide on the hub for the shock to slide over by know more than 1.5 mm, useing angle grinder with flappy pad just cut it back a bit at a time again just took a few minutes.

Step 5 Bolt it all together and stand back with a big smile on your face.

Any one thinlking of doing this dont be put of its got to be the easiest up grades i have ever done a day of pleasure..

I will add some photos just as soon as i have worked out how to do it.
    Attached Files

Have you checked the coilover height yet as this is where other people have had issues. Even on the highest setting the wishbones are beyond horizontal.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Not yet but i could see strait away that it is going to sit dam low struts are alot shorter in length, its not going to be a daily drive so not to worried. worst case i can machine some brackets for hub to strut, only big issue running this low is it will eat dive shafts for breakfast...

Comment

highest I could get mine on the front

and the lowest I could get on the back with them coilovers

maestro turbo no 498

Comment

Todays results are some good some bad.

Fronts are perfect sit way better than I thought infact a little higher than I thought they would, rears are a no go as just sits to high so I will be useing a set of koni adjustables I have got on the shelf , not got as much done as I wanted today and keep adding more to the list but I guess thats what makes it interesting

Comment

front looks, good nice !!

Comment

ello, the springs are of a golf mk3? Fit well? They are harder I want to do the best in my montego, some advice?

Comment

please i need help

Comment

Working...
                X