Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
42 results in 0.0031 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  • You can also choose from the popular tags.

•  

• Hi Everyone

I'm just letting you know that the Clubman estate and all the parts have been sold to a very good person who has promised me that it will be restored and may appear in some classic cars shows in the future.
    He had a bargain with all those spare parts.
    After sitting...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• AFRICAR
    started a topic Montego Clubman Estate for sale

Montego Clubman Estate for sale

Aug 1994 89130 miles on the clock Blue Rover Montego Turbo Diesel Clubman Estate
    This is an ideal restoration project, it is too good to strip down for spares. Montego cars are getting very rare now but it would not take long to get this one road worthy.

The vehicle has been stood
    See more | Go to post

• Hi This is Africar
    I have only just found your reply to my comments
    Are you still looking for the "Montego" tow bar? I have no idea if it will fit a Maestro.

I am going to Coulsdon on the 16th of August, you could pick it from there if that is any good?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• AFRICAR
    started a topic Car Insurance trap x 2

Car Insurance trap x 2

1)
    I was with a well known insurance company for 30 years while driving my different Montegos.
    I thought I would carry out some TLC on my present vehicle But unexpectedly it was sold, thereby I wanted to transfer my car insurance to my second Montego.
    However it turns out a late 1994
    See more | Go to post

• Hello Yassen

It might be cheaper to make your own if you are skilled with a welder. The reason I say this, is, it will cost £40 using parcel force to send you a tow bar for an Montego estate. Why this postage cost, the bar is 750mm long and weighs 10kg thereby it is classed as a large parcel.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• AFRICAR
    replied to New member
    Hello Doctordiesel77

You have mentioned a firm in Leeds who might have a front screen for a Montego.
    I would be interested in making contact with them to find out if they can supply me with one, as I know I shall be needing one very soon, thereby can I have their contact details?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• AFRICAR
    started a topic Dash Removal Tip.

Dash Removal Tip.

Dash Removal Tip.

If you are unlucky enough to have any of the 4 Torq bolts, (2 each side of the dash) keep spinning around i.e. it has lost its captive nut retainer, which should be holding the nut, you are in deep trouble.

This is the position I found myself. Fortunately
    See more | Go to post

• AFRICAR
    started a topic Sun Roof leaks and rots out floor-pan

Sun Roof leaks and rots out floor-pan

Hello All

If you read my previous comments on my efforts to repair my Montego estate I kept blaming the rust rat for all the damage, it had caused, however I owe this rust rat a bit of an apology!!!

It turns out that "some" of the water inside the car has
    See more | Go to post

• AFRICAR
    replied to Estate boot plastic removal Question
    This is an update 04-9-2021

My Diesel Montego Estate has just and finally passed the MOT.
    This was not easy as it failed a "second" MOT test.
    While I was repairing the floor pan right along the passenger side, under edge of the sills/foot well area.
    That rust
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• This is an update
    It seems years have gone by since I last updated this saga of repairing damage done by the rust rat.
    I mentioned I was going for a new MOT.

No this did not happen because while I was under the estate car I stupidly took a look at a small bit of rust that was
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hi Jeff

This is the only way I could find to make contact with you.
    I would be interested in the spares but have just looked through my stock, I am ok at the moment for these.
    However;
    I am interested in your turbo swop. Are you hoping for a power increase with this new
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• This is an update on the repairs to my FOP rear strut turret. It has taken a lot of bending and bashing a flat piece of flat 3mm sheet steel into a shape that will make good the rust rat damage.
    It took quite a while to get the shape right and drilling the hole into the finished shape was a challenge.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• After cutting a cardboard pattern for the top of the repair piece of steel plate 2mm thick and allowing 60mm down stand on the width, I managed to bash it into shape using a 2lb lump hammer and a big vice, I eventually got it to fit around the wheel arch inner wing from the inside. This took quite sometime...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• With the passenger rear strut turret now fixed and painted over, I found, what looked like a small area of rusty steel below the turret in line with the bottom edge of the inner wing.
    After tapping it with a screwdriver a larger patch of rust disintegrated measuring 6x4" (150x100).
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thank you Doctordiesel77 for your input, I will have a look for the stamp.

Ok you have seen the photos of the hole, which should have been the top of the rear turret, which in turn, supposed to be anchored point for the rear strut.
    This was the time I took the decision to repair
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X