Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
211 results in 0.1008 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  • You can also choose from the popular tags.

• Bexhill Show - August Bank Holiday Monday

We attended this show last year and it seemed to be very successful. So, same place and on the same day this year I would like to see a good turnout of Maestro and Montegos from this area of the country. You need to reply directly to the organisers by July 15th AT THE LATEST and pay your 5 entry fee...
    See more | Go to post

• Amberley Museum Classic Car Show 21st July

Anyone in the Kent, Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire area (or even further afield) interested in attending this car show. If we are going, I need to get an entry form back to the organsiers by Monday morning AT THE LATEST. I would hope that as we not had that many shows to attend in this part of the UK, we...
    See more | Go to post

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic Another new event in the SE area

Another new event in the SE area

Just been advised of another possible classic car show in the SE area that the club could possibly attend. It is on Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th July at Michelham Priory near Hailsham, East Sussex. If you are interested in attending on the Sunday, please let me know asap, so that I can get the cars...
    See more | Go to post

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic Next show in SE area

Next show in SE area

The next event the SE Area of the club will be attending is the Southern Classics Summer Show at Horsted Keynes railway station on the Bluebell Railway on Sunday, June 9th. Entry is 5 per car +1 passenger and cars must be on site by 9:30 latest. The postcode for the station is in Station Approach RH17...
    See more | Go to post

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic Clutch cable query

Clutch cable query

Just wondering if there are differences between clutch cable lengths between Maestro & Montegos and between EFi and Turbo models. The EPC shows that for Efi's its the same part number for both. Reason for query is that I purchased a new clutch cable for #436 (First Line FKC1222) that is supposedly...
    See more | Go to post

• Buying using the internet? Be aware!

There have been a number of social media posts recently concerning a seller based in North Wales who is going by the name of Dewi Ditchfield. Apparently he has a number of other internet profiles, but this one seems to be the most prolific. He advertises parts for a number of car ranges including ours,...
    See more | Go to post

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic Expensive handbook

Expensive handbook

I see that the MG Maestro Turbo handbook that was recently auctioned on Ebay, was eventually sold for 94. I know they are rare and hardly ever come to market, but that price is something else! I hope the new owner keeps it very safe, and documented on his insurance policy!...
    See more | Go to post

• Magnificent Motors, Eastbourne, May 4th & 5th

I am pleased to be able to confirm that we have been allocated a stand space for this show for 6 cars. Could members please reply to confirm if you would like to attend on either or both of the days the show is operating on. The details provided by the organisers show that we will be in the same basic...
    See more | Go to post

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic British Marques Day - April 28th

British Marques Day - April 28th

The potential first event in the South East area show calendar is British Marques Day at Brooklands. The organisers don't appear to be doing anything special regarding club stands - just turn up and pay your dues! If anyone wants to go along, please let me know and I'll follow up to see if a club stand...
    See more | Go to post

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic I didn't know that!

I didn't know that!

Recently purchased a book about BL in the '68 to '86 period, as that was coincidently the time I was working there. Came across this picture that is captioned "The most powerful S series engine. A 2-litre EFI in an MG Maestro". Now, as far as I know the S series was only ever available as...
    See more | Go to post

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic MG Turbo engine gaskets

MG Turbo engine gaskets

The part number for a round MG Maestro/Montego Turbo headgasket is LUV702595EVA or unipart GUG702517, oval is LUV702594EVA or unipart GUG707594. I think rimmer bros have LUV702595EVA in stock but best check. And they post world wide, Manifold gasket is CAM7557EVA or unipart GUG704061 for turbos
    See more | Go to post

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic South East Shows for 2019

South East Shows for 2019

As with our northern area members, I have compiled a program of events in the South East area that hopefully will provide a good spread of events across the region. The one new event this year is a planned "Spring Tour" that will provide a 40-odd mile run around some East Sussex lanes, with...
    See more | Go to post

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic Membership Card Changes

Membership Card Changes

Following a decision made at the recent AGM relating to the club membership cards, from now on there will be no expiry date for your membership written on the card. Effectively the card becomes perpetual. Not only will this further help in reducing the running costs to the club (approximately 150 per...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Sussex Pete; 6th November 2018, 16:54.

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic Engine Temperature Sender

Engine Temperature Sender

For the 1600 engine, the part numbers are ADU7161 superceded by GTR134. Also Rover RTC5522 or Intermotor 55150
    See more | Go to post

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic Brake Flexible Hoses

Brake Flexible Hoses

Front flexible hoses for all Maestros and Montegos are GBH192. For the rears on Maestro hatchbacks and Montego saloons the part number is GBH237.

On the Maestro Van the part number for the rears is GBH236.

For the Montego estate they are GBH238 (RH) and GBH239 (LH)
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X