Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
202 results in 0.3758 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  • You can also choose from the popular tags.

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic I didn't know that!

I didn't know that!

Recently purchased a book about BL in the '68 to '86 period, as that was coincidently the time I was working there. Came across this picture that is captioned "The most powerful S series engine. A 2-litre EFI in an MG Maestro". Now, as far as I know the S series was only ever available as...
    See more | Go to post

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic MG Turbo engine gaskets

MG Turbo engine gaskets

The part number for a round MG Maestro/Montego Turbo headgasket is LUV702595EVA or unipart GUG702517, oval is LUV702594EVA or unipart GUG707594. I think rimmer bros have LUV702595EVA in stock but best check. And they post world wide, Manifold gasket is CAM7557EVA or unipart GUG704061 for turbos
    See more | Go to post

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic South East Shows for 2019

South East Shows for 2019

As with our northern area members, I have compiled a program of events in the South East area that hopefully will provide a good spread of events across the region. The one new event this year is a planned "Spring Tour" that will provide a 40-odd mile run around some East Sussex lanes, with...
    See more | Go to post

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic Membership Card Changes

Membership Card Changes

Following a decision made at the recent AGM relating to the club membership cards, from now on there will be no expiry date for your membership written on the card. Effectively the card becomes perpetual. Not only will this further help in reducing the running costs to the club (approximately 150 per...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Sussex Pete; 6th November 2018, 16:54.

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic Engine Temperature Sender

Engine Temperature Sender

For the 1600 engine, the part numbers are ADU7161 superceded by GTR134. Also Rover RTC5522 or Intermotor 55150
    See more | Go to post

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic Brake Flexible Hoses

Brake Flexible Hoses

Front flexible hoses for all Maestros and Montegos are GBH192. For the rears on Maestro hatchbacks and Montego saloons the part number is GBH237.

On the Maestro Van the part number for the rears is GBH236.

For the Montego estate they are GBH238 (RH) and GBH239 (LH)
    See more | Go to post

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic Oil Pressure Switch

Oil Pressure Switch

Oil pressure switches for all 1300 & 1600 engined cars are the same as for a Mini. Original part numbers are GPS101 superceded by GPS126 then GPS131 and finally GPS133.

For the 2.0 Petrol & Diesel engines the original part number is GPS126, superceded by GPS131 and GPS133.
    See more | Go to post

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic Potential new forum section

Potential new forum section

Hi everyone. As one of my recent posts about finding the correct oil pressure switch for a turbo engine has generated a few posts relating to which part to get and where from, I was wondering if it would be a help if I set up a new forum section where specific information like this could be stored....
    See more | Go to post

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic Maestro Turbo Oil Pressure Switch

Maestro Turbo Oil Pressure Switch

Can some please point me in the right direction for a supplier for the correct type of normally open oil pressure switch used on Turbo's. Mine has decided to leak through the body, not round the threads, so its not a case of just tightening it up a little more!
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Sussex Pete; 5th October 2018, 07:32.

• Two Turbos currently available for purchase!!

Found adverts from two companies advertising MG Maestro Turbos for sale. The first is for #214, in red with only 45,500 miles on the clock. They are advertising it at 14252. Located in Lisbon, Portugal (It is RHD and has an UK registration in the pics) More details at: https://www.classicdriver.co...
    See more | Go to post

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic [For Sale] Various Manuals

Various Manuals

I have managed to acquire a small selection of manuals that may be of interest to fellow members. They include (as per the photos):
    • Haynes Maestro & Montego Diesel Engine covering 1986 to 1993. Still shrink wrapped
    • Haynes Austin/Rover/MG Montego 2.0 manual for 1984 to 1995. New and clean
    • Haynes
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Sussex Pete; 6th September 2018, 12:50. Reason: Avaiability update

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic SE Area Events update

SE Area Events update

I have removed the 8th Regis Tap Tour from the events calendar, which is due to be held on 2nd September, as the entry details have shown that it is only for cars prior to 1984 and also required a 99 entry fee. I had initially hoped that by putting in a tour type event would have attracted some more...
    See more | Go to post

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic Appeal for help

Appeal for help

We have a member living in Ashford, Middlesex, who is a pensioner who doesn't have access to internet or mobile phones, who runs a 1985 Montego 1.3 that he has had from new. The gentleman has written to me, indicating that the owner of the garage that he had used to service and maintain the Monty has...
    See more | Go to post

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic Bexhill 100 Final Booking Reminder

Bexhill 100 Final Booking Reminder

If you are planning to attend the Bexhill 100 Classic Car Show, which is on MONDAY 27th AUGUST (Bank Holiday Monday), you need to return your booking form to the organisers by this Saturday. You will also need to provide a stamped self-addressed A5 envelope to ensure that your registration card is sent...
    See more | Go to post

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic Smokey Exhaust

Smokey Exhaust

Being concious of the new MOT regulations and the #436 will be due in September, I thinks its time to acknowledge that its engine is a tad more smokey than I was expecting. So far, since the rebuild, its covered 350 miles. The old problem of hesitating and behaving as though there is fuel starvation...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X