Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
500 results in 0.2858 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  • You can also choose from the popular tags.

• The book is British Leyland The Cars, 1968-1986 by James Taylor and published by Crowood. Managed to get a new copy at a heavily discounted price. As the cam cover looks distinctly S series and I have only ever seen fluted cam covers on an O series engine, the picture confused me to say the least. There...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I didn't know that!

Recently purchased a book about BL in the '68 to '86 period, as that was coincidently the time I was working there. Came across this picture that is captioned "The most powerful S series engine. A 2-litre EFI in an MG Maestro". Now, as far as I know the S series was only ever available as...
    See more | Go to post

• What's your budget, as that will define how much of a project or fully useable car you will be able to afford. Also, how far are you prepared to travel to find the car of your choice.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic MG Turbo engine gaskets

MG Turbo engine gaskets

The part number for a round MG Maestro/Montego Turbo headgasket is LUV702595EVA or unipart GUG702517, oval is LUV702594EVA or unipart GUG707594. I think rimmer bros have LUV702595EVA in stock but best check. And they post world wide, Manifold gasket is CAM7557EVA or unipart GUG704061 for turbos
    See more | Go to post

• Sussex Pete
    replied to NLA parts alteritives
    Mk2 Golf ones are the nearest compatible items, BUT there is an issue with the diameter of the bush in the golf ones in that it is larger than the ARB diameter. So you have to find some way of sleeving the bush at the same time as retaining the security of the part. Can't have the bush sliding off the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sussex Pete
    replied to EPC disc
    As posted on FB, Part number is BEP2059. As suspected these aren't available anymore (except that is that D&K in Holland have 1 but will likely charge the earth for it). Only route these days is to fabricate a new one....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sussex Pete
    replied to Very unusual (odd) Maestro
    David, can you recall what happened in the engine bay? Looking at the pics on the ebay advert, I can see that it used to be an early VP with digi-dash, but can't work out what has been going on under the bonnet. What is with the two batteries, two wash bottles, oil cooler, twin exhausts, and what looks...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic South East Shows for 2019

South East Shows for 2019

As with our northern area members, I have compiled a program of events in the South East area that hopefully will provide a good spread of events across the region. The one new event this year is a planned "Spring Tour" that will provide a 40-odd mile run around some East Sussex lanes, with...
    See more | Go to post

• Sussex Pete
    replied to Engine and Gearbox paint
    I used Halfords red engine paint on my Turbo. Not brilliant, but not bad either. Applied with a brush and needed 2-3 coats to get a decent coverage. Left the gearbox natural as I think thats the best - as long as it is completely clean!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic Membership Card Changes

Membership Card Changes

Following a decision made at the recent AGM relating to the club membership cards, from now on there will be no expiry date for your membership written on the card. Effectively the card becomes perpetual. Not only will this further help in reducing the running costs to the club (approximately 150 per...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Sussex Pete; 6th November 2018, 16:54.

• If you want to prove if you have a fault with the existing tank, is it worth using a good ordinary tank and piping in an external swirl pot temporarily, just to confirm one way or the other?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic Engine Temperature Sender

Engine Temperature Sender

For the 1600 engine, the part numbers are ADU7161 superceded by GTR134. Also Rover RTC5522 or Intermotor 55150
    See more | Go to post

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic Brake Flexible Hoses

Brake Flexible Hoses

Front flexible hoses for all Maestros and Montegos are GBH192. For the rears on Maestro hatchbacks and Montego saloons the part number is GBH237.

On the Maestro Van the part number for the rears is GBH236.

For the Montego estate they are GBH238 (RH) and GBH239 (LH)
    See more | Go to post

• Sussex Pete
    started a topic Oil Pressure Switch

Oil Pressure Switch

Oil pressure switches for all 1300 & 1600 engined cars are the same as for a Mini. Original part numbers are GPS101 superceded by GPS126 then GPS131 and finally GPS133.

For the 2.0 Petrol & Diesel engines the original part number is GPS126, superceded by GPS131 and GPS133.
    See more | Go to post
  • Use this forum to provide details for other users about part number cross references or to detail specific differences for parts across different models. Set up one thread per item ONLY.
Working...
X