No announcement yet.

1994, Austin Maestro van, £175, Torbay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately, due to Footman James refusing to honour a quote that they gave, we are unable to buy this van.
    MG ZR, anthracite - sold & gone
    MG Maestro 1600 1.8 S-series track car - will be made road legal for track days
    Montego Turbo - in need of welding to osr arch
    Maestro 1600 VDP - daily drive

Comment

Have you tried other insurance companies?

Comment

Hi,
        http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

Are you breaking your van for parts? I'm desperate for inner cv joints and engine mounting for my Starsky & Hutch ex London Fire Brigade van. Have looked for a few months and found nothing.

Thanks

Comment

HI All,

I took this off his hands yestraday so hopefully its saved. .
          I drove it back and it performed fine on the motorway. lots of niggling problems to sort out but i think the shell is now where near as bad as i feared so that is good for me not being a welder. (havent had a good look underneath yet)
          At first glance, probobally need an altenator, tempreture sender, oil filler cap, wiper arms, front grill, Mirrors, clutch cable or possible clutch (bite is on the ground but pulls fine) or it could just be i am used to my meastro. drivers side front indicator lens and maybe back light cluster.

regards
          Garry

Comment

Nice one Garry, good luck with it.

Comment

I saw a new rear light cluster on ebay the other day.

Comment

Same as a Land Rover Discovery.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisM View Post
                  Have you tried other insurance companies?
                  Yes, tried loads. The next cheapest quote we got was over £380 more than the quote I was given that made the van viable.

Glad that this van found another home. It would have been a shame if it had to be scrapped.
                  MG ZR, anthracite - sold & gone
                  MG Maestro 1600 1.8 S-series track car - will be made road legal for track days
                  Montego Turbo - in need of welding to osr arch
                  Maestro 1600 VDP - daily drive

Comment

Glad it got you home okay...i was confident it would. I am also chuffed it has a good home, there is a bit of work to do but it will be good to give it a fresh lease of life, i am looking forward to seeing progress on this. and a new paint job haha.

I hadn't noticed this thread had gone to 2 pages so i apologise to anyone who was expecting a response.

Comment

Hi All,

Dropped it in for a MOT yesterday.
                      1 tyre, front wheel bearing, front indicator lens and washers (didn't bother to do anything like fill up the water cause i was really expecting a longer list) and a couple of advisorys on rear break pipes so thats being done as well.

Had a good look underneath and its solid. so mostly cosmetic repairs needed. Luckily i have a couple of spare doors so those can go on and that will tidy it up a lot.

Trying to get hold of a section of drivers side rear arch to get welded into the corner rather than bodging a load of filler on.

Will probobally start tidying the dash and electrical problems at the weekend and maybe give it a wash.

Cheers Dave.
                      ps i quite like the idea of the paint job, so i may 'reassign' it once its painted in the same style. and maybe have some of these on it.
                      http://www.hub-cap.com/spinnerhubcaps/WH517-14.htm

Regards
                      Garry

Comment

Excellent news

Comment

Things are looking good, then

Originally posted by gharper View Post
                          ps i quite like the idea of the paint job, so i may 'reassign' it once its painted in the same style. and maybe have some of these on it.
                          http://www.hub-cap.com/spinnerhubcaps/WH517-14.htm

Regards
                          Garry
                          I'm sure it's in the club constitution somewhere that anyone with spinny disc wheel trims will be shot at dawn...

Comment

hi is the van still for sale? ifso may you call me courtney on 07741019200

Comment

does anybody know of a autin meastro van for sale? really want one for son with cancer and mrs? wanting to spend say £500-550 max as im in scotland 07741019200 thanks

Comment

tandy

hi
                                there is a maestro tandy camper van on ebay maybe better as it has the higher roof

Comment

Working...
                                X