Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bodgit0_0
    replied
    I've got a non turbo diesel engine I'm stripping for parts, o can tale a look at it if it's compatible?

Sure it was leak free?

Leave a comment:

• C333GWC
    replied
    Thanks for your help countrydude and PhilBill, I will go for a new rad to be safe so keeping an eye out now, and the sump I shall remove and see what I can do to make the repairs a little more permanent and oil tight!

Leave a comment:

• PhilBill
    replied
    You do know that the radiator is the same as for a 2 litre Petrol Maestro/Monty?

Here's some info / dimensions:
    http://www.reparts.net/cars/rover-ma...20td/10203?p=1

Some that would have been OK came up on the ebay completed search for maestro rads for less than £40 new. If I needed the car back on the road and a rad for a 1.6L came up cheap I'd be tempted to fit it for the winter, and keep an eye out for a 2L rad.

Leave a comment:

• countrydude
    replied
    I'd look into getting the sump repaired as they are really rare! Those engines have ben cherished for years now so I doubt you will find many spares.

The rad I'd buy new, most rads I see people selling 2nd hand are scrap.

But you might get lucky.

Leave a comment:

• C333GWC
    started a topic [Wanted] Diesel Radiator and Sump

Diesel Radiator and Sump

Hi all,

after stripping my Countryman's engine to replace the head gasket, the radiator fell apart trying to remove it, so wondered if anyone has a good secondhand one they want to sell.

Also, the sump is severely dented and oil is weeping out of a bodged repair around the drain plug so I want to replace this too if anyone has a spare...

Thanks for reading.

Matt Handy, Somerset. (Willing to travel to collect or to arrange a courier)
Working...
X