Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Free] Rover GTD Estate (aka Montego Countryman TD) in Germany

Hello,

having been away from these forums for a long time, I am now back to try and find a better place for my father's estate than the scrap yard.

Due to the condition of the car and the installation of a low emission zone the car has to go. I had a friend from Netherlands interested, but he had to back out...

So here we go: 1994 Rover 2.0 GTD (official name!) with over 200k miles on the clock to give away for spares (or restoration for the brave). The body is not bad, but is Carribean Blue with BRG screw-on panels and doors. Interior is clean and shows little wear apart from headlining.

It runs and drives, but there are some problems with the electrics (wipers intermittantly not working, same for head lamps). There is a coolant leak from the heater matrix or pipes. Head has been off and skimmed 2 years ago (only a few 1000 miles driven since). New exhaust, new clutch cable and parts of the rear brakes at the same time. It also received a brand new and correct (brown tint with brown shading strip) and very expensive wind screen with new rubber two years ago. The screen is still like new.

Two working self levelers come the car, one fitted, one off the car. The other one on the car does level OK, but feels a little stiff. Anti-roll bar with both mounts present and in good condition.

All correct Rover badging is present. Same for load cover, roof rack beams and their cover. 7-seater.

Central locking does mostly not work, electric windows (work) and electric sunroof (temperamental).

There is a stash of spares: Extra sunroof, many engine bits.

It does have a dash panel converted from a petrol with working rev counter!

The car will be taken off the road rather quickly and will need to be scrapped soon, if there is no interest.

I thought it may be of interest for continental members for spares alone - if there are any...

Regards,

Alexander
    http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/index....berbouckef.htm

The car has been driven to the scrap yard yesterday. Today we saved the front screen, the same goes for the ARB-bushes. It seemed a shame, as the car ran nice, despite all its faults.
    http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/index....berbouckef.htm

Comment

Working...
    X