Heater Matrix for 1985 Austin Maestro 1275cc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater Matrix for 1985 Austin Maestro 1275cc

I need to replace the heater matrix in my Maestro, any suggestion for a supplier please. peter

these ar the only ones I've seen recently. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEATER-RA...IAAOSwgA1bxgbT. I guess they'd take an offer on it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Botley Boy View Post
      I need to replace the heater matrix in my Maestro, any suggestion for a supplier please. peter
      What's up with it? Matrix are normally reliable, it's sometimes the joint that rusts away to the coolant pipes through the bulkhead
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Hi Jeff, you could be right, we have not removed it yet, we have had water leaking into passenger well. We have bi-passed it to allow us to use car for our local events. But will need sorting. Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
          these ar the only ones I've seen recently. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEATER-RA...IAAOSwgA1bxgbT. I guess they'd take an offer on it though.
          Hi, thanks for info, have been in contact awaiting a reply. Regards Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Botley Boy View Post
            Hi Jeff, you could be right, we have not removed it yet, we have had water leaking into passenger well. We have bi-passed it to allow us to use car for our local events. But will need sorting. Peter
            If you remove the passenger footwell dash cover, have a look-see at the pipes running into the side of the heater in the footwell, that's possibly where its leaking at the joint and therefore its the pipes you need to either repair or replace not the matrix. You can remove the pipes without removing the dash. Awkward job but not too bad and better than removing the dash to get the matrix out.
            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
            2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
            2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Working...
            X