MG Maestro Turbo No.172

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For Sale] MG Maestro Turbo No.172

Selling my MG Maestro Turbo No.172. I've owned it for nearly 12 years. Bought as a rolling project, which quickly turned into a full bare body, bare metal rebuild. This was done over the space of 8 years when time, money & family has aloud.
    Completely restored body, back to bare metal, welded, protected & back to flame red.
    Engine completely rebuild with over sized pistons honed out, lightened & balance crank & flywheel. Rover 220 clutch. New cambelt, waterpump, turbo, oil pump. Manifold ceramic coated, aluminium radiator. Red Samco hose kit. 3" stainless steel exhaust made from scratch, downpipe back.
    Gearbox sent away & overhauled.
    All suspension/axle parts stripped, protected & finished in black. New lowering springs, shockers & bushes everywhere.
    MGTF trophy alloys with new Toyo tyres.
    Interior is totally original.
    Only got it back on the road towards the end of 2018, & has not really been used or run in properly since. I did have it rolling roaded early last year just to get it set up/running right. Managed 172bhp, so potential for more once settled in.
    Invoices held for work & parts over the years, which probably come to 10's of thousands, plus old invoices bills, most old MOTS. MOT'd until the end of September.
    Selling as need the money for a business project which has come up out the blue, plus other projects i'd rather keep.
    Loads of images showing the progress over the years.

Looking for as close to £9k as possible, if of interest to anyone please message me on here, through facebook or on 07984 192670

Cheers
    Jamie
    Attached Files
    Jamie

MG Maestro Turbo No. 172
    Land Rover Defender 50th No. GB093
    Jaguar XJR100
    Mercedes Vito 122 SportX
    Ford Sierra Sapphire Cosworth 4x4
    Audi 80 B2 Quattro 2.2

Looks good that Jamie, best of luck with your sale but it's a good price so should sell ok
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Hi Jamie.
      Wow, what a superb Maestro Turbo. If you dont sell it then there is no justice, and at that price, an absolute bargain.
      I thought my Maestro Turbo #384 was superb, and probably, i thought, only second to Pete Coopers magnificent Turbo, but yours is amazing.
      At a show back in the summer, some guy did offer me £9K for mine then and there, but think it was just B/Sh@@, but anyway, am never going to sell it.
      Although modified your car is brilliant. Wish i had the garage space and i would buy it. Daryl Davies from MotoBuild would have been well impressed
      Someone will get a real excellent car.
      Good luck
      Tom
      Maestro Turbo #384
      Nissan Skyline R34 GTR
      Audi Q3 RS (tuned by AMD to) 440BHP

Comment

My Maestro Turbo, plus it has been featured in the latest Monstro Club Magazine
        Attached Files

Comment

Both look great. Good luck with the sale.

Comment

Have been considering letting the Maestro Turbo go and going back to something i know very well, a Mk1 Lotus Cortina, but have you seen the prices of these. Had a Mk1 Lotus Cortina in the mid 80,s but sold it to a guy from Southern Ireland for £1700 in 1989. He couldnt wait to buy the car and drove it back to Ireland immediately after buying it..Never seen of heard of it again since
            But, not withstanding, despite the seemingly low value of Maestro Turbo,s and that there are very few left on the road, it is amazing how much attention these cars get at shows. Even more than my Skyline.
            On reflection, the Maestro Turbo is probably by far a much les expensive option than a Lotus Cortins, although its history and heritage is probably equal to the Lotus., but the missus loves the Maestro so she wont let this amazing classic go.

Comment

Thanks for the comments Tom. Deposit taken & being collected on Wednesday.
              Jamie

MG Maestro Turbo No. 172
              Land Rover Defender 50th No. GB093
              Jaguar XJR100
              Mercedes Vito 122 SportX
              Ford Sierra Sapphire Cosworth 4x4
              Audi 80 B2 Quattro 2.2

Comment

Hi Jamie.
                I am not at all surprised that your car has been sold. Whoever has brought it should be well chuffed, a magnificent looking car. Hope they are, or will be, a club member.
                Must be really sad to part with it after all the work put into it.
                Had a Sapphire Cosworth myself back in the mid 90,s (2wd) , but blew it up on a track day at Goodwood. Oil and water all over the track. Sold it with a blown engine.
                Will keep an eye open for your Maestro Torbo at events around this summer.
                Cheers
                Tom
                MG Maestro Turbo #384
                Nissan Skyline R34 GTR
                Audi Q3 RS (430BHP)

Comment

Working...
                X