15 Inch Lattice Alloys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For Sale] 15 Inch Lattice Alloys.

I recently purchased 5 lattice alloys for my MG Maestro assuming they would fit, I now know I should have checked first before I had them refurbed as my car is a rebuild and they don't fit. I can't be bothered getting them made to fit or changing anything else on the car to make them fit so I am going to sell. They have been powder coated refurbed in regal silver. Not a perfect refurb but I would have used them for sure and I think most would as they do still look great. If anybody is interested in buying them and would like some pictures please let me and I will get them uploaded later as I'm in a bit of a rush atm. I just want the money it cost me to refurb them and for some centre caps I bought that will still need spraying. 5 lattice alloys refurbed, 4 centre caps. £270, Thanks.

update - Struggling to find the centre caps.
    Last edited by CPM; 8th July 2020, 11:26.

I don't understand when you say they don't fit. If the wheels are cross poke alloys from either a montego or maestro they should. Has your car been modified?
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

I believe the car was a LX Diesel and it has been turned into an EFI. The nuts on the wheel all line up but the Lim as the mechanic describes it is to big for the alloy to rest on. He said I would have to change the hub/lim or have a machinist take an inch off the inner circle of the alloys.

Comment

What wheels are on it atm? Also the wheels you bought might be montego ones which are wider. Maestro are 5.5j Montego are 6j
        Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 3rd July 2020, 07:27.

Comment

I believe they are Minilite?
          Attached Files

Comment

Nearly, theyre mgf alloys. The crosspoke alloys you've bought must be 6j from a montego.
            Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 4th July 2020, 12:27.

Comment

I'm doing up an '89 mg montego turbo and looking for a set of these alloys (amongst a whole load of other stuff). If you can confirm they are the wider 6j montego ones, I'll buy them?

Comment

Originally posted by Tig0508 View Post
                I'm doing up an '89 mg montego turbo and looking for a set of these alloys (amongst a whole load of other stuff). If you can confirm they are the wider 6j montego ones, I'll buy them?
                Tell us about the turbo, any pics, info etc? And what's needed

Comment

It’s going to take some doing Jeff!
                  Its a facelift 89F turbo with only 4 owners, 52000 miles and matching numbers. The issue is that it’s been stood a long time outside and the rust is well established. Also there’s a lot of boy racer modifications been done and I’d like to put it back to standard.
                  I have most panels to get started now. Although I’m struggling with the following parts at the moment:-
                  Off side rear wheel arch
                  Rear reflector
                  Head lining
                  6j lattice wheels.
                  Rear quarter window surrounds
                  Aerial
                  So if you can point me in the right direction for any of this - I’d appreciate it.

Comment

Seen that turbo before somewhere, looks a lot of work there. Did you get the 1 6 aswell? Rear arch if you can't find one you can use the opposite side front wing at it has the same profile, aerial I have one knocking about here somewhere, also a reflector but the earlier type. Is it the headlining material or the whole biscuit as you can recover it? Rear quarter light surround are hard to come by so if you have a pair on your car don't break them when you remove the rear screen etc. If that's all you need then not a big wish list. Be careful when removing the outer door trim as they can get brittle with age, as the doors look knackered I would use a sharp household scrapper and remove from underneath slowly
                    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 6th July 2020, 06:03.

Comment

Yes I got the pair of cars from the same place on eBay a couple of weeks ago. The 1.6 has a seized engine and been in a garage for a long time, so that has quite a lot of useful parts still on it. Yes, nobody has a rhs wheel arch, only lhs, so I’ll have a look at cutting up a front wing - thanks. It you can sell me an aerial that would be great. Just let me know how to go about it. I have a complete headlining, but needs stripping an a new cloth fitting. Thanks for all your advice. Really helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Tig0508 View Post
                        Yes I got the pair of cars from the same place on eBay a couple of weeks ago. The 1.6 has a seized engine and been in a garage for a long time, so that has quite a lot of useful parts still on it. Yes, nobody has a rhs wheel arch, only lhs, so I’ll have a look at cutting up a front wing - thanks. It you can sell me an aerial that would be great. Just let me know how to go about it. I have a complete headlining, but needs stripping an a new cloth fitting. Thanks for all your advice. Really helpful.
                        Rear quarter light covers can be removed carefully with a screwdriver under it, it's held in with metal clips. I will dig out the aerial from my spares for you. This is a link for headlining https://maestro.org.uk/forums/forum/...g-on-a-montego
                        Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 6th July 2020, 10:57.

Comment

Working...
                        X