MG Maestro EFi panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG Maestro EFi panels

Need doors, tailgate, rear arch repair panels and outer sills - can anyone help?

While it's good to post up a wanted ad for your maestro, tell us a bit about it
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

OK Jeff thanks for this - I have just bought G91ABP from an Austin Rover/Mini guy in Kent. Car is complete but stored for years - it wasn't running but we have got it going now. Ordered some engine parts to make it safe to drive to see how it is. All the doors have rot but at a push could be saved, tailgate is rotten and has no lock mechanism, dashboard appears to be out of shape above the dial binnacle and has cracks. I could sort the cracks but the distortion might be tricky. I am going to restore it quite extensively and am just now looking to see what's available.

Comment

Originally posted by Milosdebargos View Post
        OK Jeff thanks for this - I have just bought G91ABP from an Austin Rover/Mini guy in Kent. Car is complete but stored for years - it wasn't running but we have got it going now. Ordered some engine parts to make it safe to drive to see how it is. All the doors have rot but at a push could be saved, tailgate is rotten and has no lock mechanism, dashboard appears to be out of shape above the dial binnacle and has cracks. I could sort the cracks but the distortion might be tricky. I am going to restore it quite extensively and am just now looking to see what's available.
        Sounds a good project, dash is the same as a Montego and Sam is selling a dash on ebay atm with only a couple of small cracks, As for doors etc, they are becoming increasingly rare to find so you might find it easier to buy a good donor as all panels are the same. Dash link, but check first if it's what you need https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-Ro...AAAOSwEJtf9cxj
        Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 16th February 2021, 16:59.
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
        2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Looks like you have bought a twin of my spares donor car, sadly the doors on that are shot and the tailgate looks good on the outside but has rust issues on the inside under the window.

I do have some spare rear doors, though, and also another tailgate in decent condition (although not from an MG so it would need to have the spoiler holes drilled accurately in it).

Send me a PM if this is of any interest
          1983 (Y) MG 1600
          1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
          1987 700 City 1.6 Van
          1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
          1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
          1990 Clubman D
          1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

Thanks for the interest and assistance, much appreciated - I will review and be back when I have had more of a chance to look closely at what I've got. I wasn't aware of how rare cars and parts have become, so it is going to take a bit more time and attention to get a list and find exactly what i need. I have tried to upload a photo but it keeps crashing.

Comment

Update - bought a good donor car - Clubman. So sorted for panels now and will have spare glass and a really good interior when I have used the parts I need. I'll post again when I know what i have left.

Comment

I would be interested in the dashboard if it is not cracked. I am assuming it is Flint Grey if it's a Clubman.

Comment

managed to upload 1 photo. This is the car as purchased - it's moved on a lot since then. I'll upload photos as and when the technology allows. Anyone got a ring gear?

Comment

Working...
                  X