CRC5039 fuel filler grommet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted] CRC5039 fuel filler grommet

Anybody got a spare they can sell/give me please ?
    Attached Files

Brown and Gammons have one in stock £16 odd .

Comment

Originally posted by kentish479 View Post
      Brown and Gammons have one in stock £16 odd .
      Yes I've seen that

Comment

Originally posted by Soulcharger View Post

Yes I've seen that
        And they would deliver to you
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
        2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post

And they would deliver to you

Yes you're right, I have bought it from them, having delivered to a friend in UK who'll pop into a small envelope and post it to me here.
          Lovely it's from an MG RV8, we've got a strong small of petrol vapour around the filler neck, no rust so guessing there's a split and/or perished grommet.

Comment

[/FONT][/SIZE]

Yes you're right, I have bought it from them, having delivered to a friend in UK who'll pop into a small envelope and post it to me here.
            Lovely it's from an MG RV8, we've got a strong small of petrol vapour around the filler neck, no rust so guessing there's a split and/or perished grommet.
            That wouldn't cause a petrol smell Chris as it's only the filler pipe surround. I would investigate further to either the fuel filler pipe breather, the cap, the fuel filler pipe or any fuel pipe around the petrol tank to the front of the car

Comment

That wouldn't cause a petrol smell Chris as it's only the filler pipe surround. I would investigate further to either the fuel filler pipe breather, the cap, the fuel filler pipe or any fuel pipe around the petrol tank to the front of the car
              We'll do all of that just waiting for better weather. The fuel filler pipe is good, no rust, we don't see any wet patches and the smell is not constant. We wanted to have that grommet so that if we do need to start dismantle pieces good to have new parts to put back.

Comment

BTW the smell comes from around the filler neck area

Comment

BTW the smell comes from around the filler neck area
                  To put the new surround on you'll need to remove the filler pipe which will give you an opportunity to have a closer look. If not the filler pipe then either the cap or breather would be my guess as vapours do carry. You say no rust on the filler pipe but look at the side of it where the breather connects. While it's off I would clean and paint it

Comment

To put the new surround on you'll need to remove the filler pipe which will give you an opportunity to have a closer look. If not the filler pipe then either the cap or breather would be my guess as vapours do carry. You say no rust on the filler pipe but look at the side of it where the breather connects. While it's off I would clean and paint it
                    Yes we'll do all that, the car came from Spain and is a marvelous rust free example and we've been underneath several times, the filler
                    cap fits nice and snugly/tight you do get the feeling the vapours are coming from somewhere around the neck but we will check everything.

Comment

Yes we'll do all that, the car came from Spain and is a marvelous rust free example and we've been underneath several times, the filler
                      cap fits nice and snugly/tight you do get the feeling the vapours are coming from somewhere around the neck but we will check everything.
                      Nicely done

Comment

Working...
                      X