Wanted: NEW Maestro 1.3 radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: NEW Maestro 1.3 radiator

Does anyone have, or know of, a new radiator for a 1.3 Maestro? I know about the one on eBay that's collection only but I really need one that can be delivered. Every supplier I've so far found have been out of stock with no idea when they're getting another one in and it's getting a little frustrating.

Originally posted by Vulgalour View Post
    Does anyone have, or know of, a new radiator for a 1.3 Maestro? I know about the one on eBay that's collection only but I really need one that can be delivered. Every supplier I've so far found have been out of stock with no idea when they're getting another one in and it's getting a little frustrating.
    If you are stuck, Rimmer's still have the early 1300 ones, the difference is in the height, so you'd need to make a couple of spacers for top and bottom (or one for the bottom might be better from a hoses lining up point of view). When you are looking for later 1300 ones, beware of early ones which are often listed on ebay with vague descriptions... https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-PCC000130EVA

Comment

Where about are you based. I have a brand new Genuine Rover radiator. Happy to deliver if your close. Might be able to sort out some delivery dependant on where your based.

Comment

Originally posted by VampireEchidna View Post

Where about are you based.
        Well, somebody hasn't realised who I am. You've been here before to help with this particular tatty old Maestro. I reckon this one will hang in there until you're possibly visiting later this month.

Comment

Well, somebody hasn't realised who I am. You've been here before to help with this particular tatty old Maestro. I reckon this one will hang in there until you're possibly visiting later this month.
          My true apologies, I should have guessed from the car picture you set as you avatar
          If your desperate I can get it send down to you. I'm happy to bring it down at the end of the month for you.

Comment

I'm good, I can wait. I think it'll last until then, I just have to keep an eye on the temperature sender connector since I found out today that it's a bit flakey so the fan isn't always coming on. Just needs a clean and the connector plug bit tightening up so it can't wiggle.

Comment

I'm good, I can wait. I think it'll last until then, I just have to keep an eye on the temperature sender connector since I found out today that it's a bit flakey so the fan isn't always coming on. Just needs a clean and the connector plug bit tightening up so it can't wiggle.
              Hopefully it will hold out for you. (finger cross) If it doesn't let me know and I'll get it sent down to you on a 48 hour. Mine has some weeping from the fan temp sensor. The clip is very loose round it. My temperature gets to just bellow the red and the fan successfully kicks in and the needle goes down. I'm assuming from my past experience with Maestro's that's normal.

Comment

You've got the different dash to me, I'm not sure which instrument pack you've got. On mine I know it should run at about 1/3rd gauge, which it normally does, and the fan should kick in at 1/2 gauge, which it normally does. Once it goes over 1/2 gauge the red light starts flashing annoyingly to tell you to find some way to cool it down, whacking the heater on full usually does the trick when the fan isn't coming on properly. The weep from the fan sensor is probably the O ring, new sensors never used to be that expensive or difficult to find and it's generally better practice to replace the whole sensor rather than just trying to reseal it. If you're really unlucky, it will be the bit the sensor goes into that's warped or cracked, though that's less common.

Comment

Working...
                X