Water Pump 2.0TD wanted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pump 2.0TD wanted.

Ok I know this is unlikely as they’re very scarce but I’ll ask anyway. Does anyone have a water pump they’d be willing to sell please for my 2.0TD estate.This car is my daily driver and has been so for the last 23 years! So obviously I’m pretty stuck! I’d be prepared to pay a good price if anyone has one they’re willing to part with? Alternatively does anyone know anyone who could fix my existing one? Thanks in anticipation!...... Terry Barton.

If you find a pump to repair. https://www.yell.com/biz/e-p-service...mpton-3749368/ do a postal service , I believe it is about £70 to refurbish a pump, but obviously best to dend them a spare pump so that you aren't off the road for too long.

Comment

This looks like it but check first as I don't know the difference between diesel water pumps for turbo and non turbo https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unipart-W...QAAOSwJgRfEdnQ
      Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 23rd August 2021, 13:40.
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Or Read this https://maestro.org.uk/forums/forum/...ed/329902-help

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
          This looks like it but check first as I don't know the difference between diesel water pumps for turbo and non turbo https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unipart-W...QAAOSwJgRfEdnQ
          That is the early non turbo one Jeff, all the turbo ones and later non turbo have four pipes & the pump forms the engine mounting bracket. I know the ebay seller of that one & it is probably the one of the few pumps that has an accurate description, they are usually mis-sold as petrol turbo ones as they look quite similar..I've gained one or two of them over the years from people who bought the wrong un...one day I'll think of a use for them
          Last edited by Doctordiesel77; 23rd August 2021, 17:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post

That is the early non turbo one Jeff, all the turbo ones and later non turbo have four pipes & the pump forms the engine mounting bracket. I know the ebay seller of that one & it is probably the one of the few pumps that has an accurate description, they are usually mis-sold as petrol turbo ones as they look quite similar..I've gained one or two of them over the years from people who bought the wrong un...one day I'll think of a use for them
            Ah right, as said I don't know very much about diesels so normally leave it to the site guru

Comment

Ah right, as said I don't know very much about diesels so normally leave it to the site guru
              Ha ha ha! As a turbo guru, you'll already know the only thing about diesel water pumps that you need to know: those cheap as chips ones that are so similar to petrol ones aren't quite the same Surprising how many have found out the hard way tho'.... The turbo diesel pumps are hens teeth now, the marine diesel ones are different, so I guess very little demand for the car ones.

Comment

If you find a pump to repair. https://www.yell.com/biz/e-p-service...mpton-3749368/ do a postal service , I believe it is about £70 to refurbish a pump, but obviously best to dend them a spare pump so that you aren't off the road for too long.

Thanks for the helpful advice buddy. I hadn’t been able to find anyone to refurbish my leaky one. However I’ve managed to obtain a second hand one from a wonderful enthusiast.
                I’ll no doubt get my original one refurbished as well in the future just in case this one doesn’t stand being brought back into use after a 15 year rest!
                Last edited by TB2070; 1st September 2021, 11:34.

Comment

Ha ha ha! As a turbo guru, you'll already know the only thing about diesel water pumps that you need to know: those cheap as chips ones that are so similar to petrol ones aren't quite the same Surprising how many have found out the hard way tho'.... The turbo diesel pumps are hens teeth now, the marine diesel ones are different, so I guess very little demand for the car ones.
                  Indeed I thought I’d found one loads of times on eBay only to be thwarted each time I read the model application list! The closest one I found turned out to be for a Perkins Prima engine so I thought got it! Only to find out it was for a marine engine! Damn.... They weren’t interested in taking mine in to refurbish it despite selling the kits to do the one they sell. I thought that would have been easy for them to do but they just weren’t interested

Comment

thanks for the lead I’ll put it on my to check list should I have to fall back on it

Comment

Originally posted by TB2070 View Post

Indeed I thought I’d found one loads of times on eBay only to be thwarted each time I read the model application list! The closest one I found turned out to be for a Perkins Prima engine so I thought got it! Only to find out it was for a marine engine! Damn.... They weren’t interested in taking mine in to refurbish it despite selling the kits to do the one they sell. I thought that would have been easy for them to do but they just weren’t interested

Yes, it is a weird one, when the cars were young enough to not need a pump, they were easy to get, but £250+vat..then the cars started dying out, a few pumps no doubt got sold, but supply outstripped demand, price crashed to £50, then they vanished..Not many cars left now & the engines that came out of the cars that have gone are most likely in diggers & boats, fitted with the other type of pump! Glad you found one anyway, at least you should have time to get the old one fixed now. If the replacement hasn't been used for a while it might leak at first, then sort itself out. A Hymac did that to me, virtually new, but not used for years, pump..spat umpteen gallons of anti freeze out, but sealed after I ran it for half an hour with a hose stuck in the filler, before putting umpteen more gallons of antifreeze in...fun fun fun! This may or may not be useful information

Comment

ive been in touch with this company, Wow what a team , they couldn’t have been more helpful. (Unlike others!) As this is my daily driver they said they would turn it around in 24/48 hours. Very reasonable price as well. Highly recommended, proper old fashioned service!

Comment

Originally posted by TB2070 View Post

ive been in touch with this company, Wow what a team , they couldn’t have been more helpful. (Unlike others!) As this is my daily driver they said they would turn it around in 24/48 hours. Very reasonable price as well. Highly recommended, proper old fashioned service!
                          I've heard a lot of positive comments about them, glad they got you sorted out!

Comment

Working...
                          X