This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For Sale] Maestro Turbo #214 is available

Posting information here as the owner is not a club member. Basically a clean, rot-free and tidy car. Only 45K miles and currently taxed and MOT'd until August 22. Purchased by current owner from a garage in Portugal. Has now lost storage space and doesn't want to store it outside. Looking for £13750 ovno. Pictures and mor einfo available to anyone interested.
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Jeepers, makes what I wanted for a pristine Turbo look cheap. Despite the critics, looks as though fully restored 384 was a bargain. Shame it is no longer for sale
    WOW

Comment

But, same as me, This seller didnt want to post pictures until some prospective buyers showed some genuine interest., to save time wasters.

Comment

That's not what was posted by Pete as to why pictures are not shown so you're assuming things unless you know more than I
        We all get it that your car isn't for sale now so whats the point of continually stating that fact? You obviously have an axe to grind but it's getting a bit samey now so time to give it a rest
        Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 6th January 2022, 18:00.
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
        2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Wasn't great for the money tbh. Was on eBay for ages last year for sale in Portugal. Needed a few bits from what I remember. But if my memory serves me correctly it was up for 13750 so if thats what was paid he's not trying to make a quick buck just wants his money back.
          MG Maestro Turbo #500
          BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
          Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
          Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

From the (public) MG FWD Register Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/MGFWDRegister/

"JS Classic Motor Services
            15 December 2021 at 18:03 ·
            SOLD SOLD SOLD
            MG Maestro Turbo No 214
            46,000 miles
            MOT: Aug 2022
            X2 original keys
            5 previous keepers
            The MG Maestro Turbo being an extremely appreciating Classic due to its rarity, this particular example being number 214 of the 505 produced.This time warp example, is an original car and has never been welded and has always been waxoiled underneath and stored inside. The car resided in Portugal for many years being kept in a Tickford enthusiasts showroom.
            The car boasts a very extensive and comprehensive service history (as pictured) including a list of all the previous owners/keepers, and array of receipts, all previous MOT’s and even the original handbook/folder supplied by the dealer upon purchase of the vehicle. The car comes with 2 keys with the original dealers fob.
            The interior is nothing short of near immaculate, all the seats are all firm, showing zero sign of wear. The red seat piping is fully intact (of which is very rare to see). There are zero cracks in the dashboard and the dash looks factory fresh. The tailgate has also had new gas struts fitted.
            Mechanically the car is in fabulous condition, having recently had a coolant flush and coolant change, all belts changed, including a new tensioner and water pump also. The carburettor has also been fully rebuilt and new steering rack gaiters have been fitted.
            The bodywork on the vehicle is in near pristine condition being completely original. The car has never been welded and is completely original (of which is a real rarity on a maestro as you all know). The only blemishes are on the front bumper and a small amount of paint fade on the rear wing, apart from that she is pretty immaculate and the paintwork is still very vibrant. The glass on the vehicle is all original and still displaying its original etching. The car even has original headlight protectors fitted. The boot floor is completely original and in concourse condition.
            In summary this car is a real time warp vehicle and is probably the nicest and most original vehicle we have ever came across. This extremely rare MG Maestro Turbo wouldn’t be out of place in any car collection. She is a real gem and a rare piece of British motoring. If you want an honest and original Maestro Turbo, then this is the one to have with all the originality, provenance and history.
            Price: £17,250
            Located in B60 Stoke Prior"

Also plenty of current and older photos of G99HEG available online if you Google the registration
            1983 (Y) MG 1600
            1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
            1987 700 City 1.6 Van
            1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
            1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
            1990 Clubman D
            1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

Certainly not original though is it, silly exhaust sticking out the back. It wasn’t 17k when it was for sale in Portugal either. Ail take a guess that seller above is the one that imported it then and stuck a nice profit on it. I do hope the current owner didn’t pay that. I remember looking at the photos seeing all sorts that needed doing that wasn’t in the above listing. Good luck with the sale though.
              Last edited by Andy; 7th January 2022, 10:18.
              MG Maestro Turbo #500
              BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
              Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
              Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

WOW, that was a bit harsh from Jeff, certainly didnt expect that.
                Thanks for your advice Jeff, so will give it a rest and take it under advisement.
                Thought this club was supposed to be a nice friendly bunch, but after what i got from members when trying to sell my car, to the doubtfull remarks from other members not so sure.
                Dont worry Jeff, will not put another post on the website relating to 384, so, sorry, you can rest easy.

Comment

Well, Mr Friendly Jeff am i believing what i see that Turbo 214 sold for £17.250..And this is without any of your cynical , uncalled for, comments to fellow club members. You, obviously have a real axe to grind with anything members post, so maybe you need to take an attitude adjustment.
                  SORRY JEFF my car is now no longer for sale, Ooops, havnt i mentioned this before.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyliner1 View Post
                    Well, Mr Friendly Jeff am i believing what i see that Turbo 214 sold for £17.250..And this is without any of your cynical , uncalled for, comments to fellow club members. You, obviously have a real axe to grind with anything members post, so maybe you need to take an attitude adjustment.
                    SORRY JEFF my car is now no longer for sale, Ooops, havnt i mentioned this before.
                    And you know this sold for exactly that price do you?

You seem to think I care, which I don't, and where exactly besides trying to help you, which I now regret and won't do again, have I done this on this thread ?
                    Ahh yes the imagination car, no one has ever seen

You seem to have a lot of imagination about things including your car.
                    I must now be the same as the great mg garage you used and now they're useless and will never use again
                    Other than trying to help you with your imaginary car since you first posted up something about it have I been cynical?
                    Go on enlighten me Mr snowflake

Oh and yes your imagination car is never never never never ever evvv zzzzzzzz
                    So what, who the hell cares, I don't
                    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 11th January 2022, 17:43.

Comment

Well mr Perfect, read the posts above which say Sold Sold Sold.
                      You are a very unpleasnt person and there is no need
                      for your horrible comments, and who needs technical help from someone who is so self indulged that who really cares. I certainly dont need it.
                      I will be making an official complaint to the commitee about your totaly agressive attitude towards another club member, which was totaly unwarranted..

Comment

Check your records Mr Jeff, Pete Cooper saw my car just after i got it so the car is not an imagination. And if you care to check my previous posts you will see that i canned the previous garage because they smashed the rear screen on my car. which i ended up paying for. Would you still use a garage that damaged your car.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyliner1 View Post
                          Well mr Perfect, read the posts above which say Sold Sold Sold.
                          You are a very unpleasnt person and there is no need
                          for your horrible comments, and who needs technical help from someone who is so self indulged that who really cares. I certainly dont need it.
                          I will be making an official complaint to the commitee about your totaly agressive attitude towards another club member, which was totaly unwarranted..
                          Sold sold sold doesn't mean it sold for the full asking price and be my guest. I don't care how much the car went for as I don't want one Complain as much as you like Mr snowflake as I'm not fussed.
                          I will start you off, the chairwoman is Tanya Field so try her for your complaint
                          Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 13th January 2022, 21:40.

Comment

Working...
                          X