Ford Capri 2.9 Cosworth Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For Sale] Ford Capri 2.9 Cosworth Conversion

Not sure if this would be of any interest to anyone on here being the wrong Marque and all that. But thought I shall post it just in case.

Sadly, needing a house deposit means sale of my Capri.
    A Brief rundown/spec:

Fully restored and engine rebuilt ready for use in August 2019. Used for about 500 miles since.

2.9 Cosworth conversion with rebuilt engine including new timing chain, guides and water pump.
    Stand-alone megasquirt ECU including new wiring loom fitted.
    Electric fan fitted and wired to ECU to be temperature controlled from ECU sensors.
    MT75 Hybrid gearbox (oil change/service before fitting)
    LSD From a 2.8 injection special
    GTR260 front brake kit inluding uprated landrover master cylinder
    Custom downpipe/Y-piece exhaust into single-exit system.
    Half-leather seats and door cards from Injection Special model.
    Custom 2.9 cosworth boot decal

'Spares Package' includes:
    Genuine RS motorsport front spoiler
    15x8 ET10 Schmidt Modernline alloys (same style as Revo RFX alloys)
    Various spare interior parts (clocks, seat belts, winder handles etc)

Bought this Capri back in 2007 as my first car, started as a daily driver then culminating in the 10year project to get it to where it is now. Sadly, as life goes on priorities change, and having not really had the time or oppurtunity to enjoy the car since restoration due to Covid lockdowns I have decided its probably best to let the car now go to someone who can enjoy it, whilst I focus on building a future for the family!

Due to a dash clocks change the milage reading is incorrect, but from what I had logged from the other clocks etc mileage is 71,000. Though taking the restoration into account, mileage is less than 1,000 since the work was complete. I'm hoping to have a week off in the middle of April to get a few little things finished, take some decent photos, and get it MOT'd. Or can be taken as-is but I will get the MOT on it beforehand. I'd say its 99% there, but sadly I dont have the time, space, or tools to do the final few jobs (I reckon less than a days work fustratingly!).

I have all the images and (painful)invoices from the restoration to go with the car, and also most of the old MOTs and original booklets. Insurance valuation is currently over £20k (and about to be re-valuated for the insurance that has just been freshly put on it last week). Looking for £16,500 o.n.o

Breaks my heart to sell it, but I know it is for the best

Click image for larger version  Name:	WP_20190817_12_44_31_Pro.jpg Views:	0 Size:	387.2 KB ID:	335269 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190820_124038.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.81 MB ID:	335270 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200609_130630.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.01 MB ID:	335271 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211011_152550.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.38 MB ID:	335272 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20170523-WA0001.jpg Views:	0 Size:	203.0 KB ID:	335273
    Last edited by robt100; 30th March 2022, 20:27.
Working...
X