Electric window switches... and heatshield. Maestro 1.6 HLS 1985

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted] Electric window switches... and heatshield. Maestro 1.6 HLS 1985

I am looking for switches for the electric windows of my 1985 Maestro 1.6 HLS, VIN SAXXCPWY7AM331164. There are two on the driver's door (for driver and passenger) and one on the passenger door, but they are all the same. If I can get three then great, or as many as I can get.

Also, I am still looking for a heatshield to stop the petrol evaporating and troublesome starting in the summer...obviously an issue at the moment. Apparently they were fitted on later cars.

Any help much appreciated - many thanks, Andy

Heatshields are no longer available so I would make my own. You can do this by using a cooking tray you get with chicken etc. You can fold it over so it's thicker and then mould into shape. Works exactly the same. Leccy window switches are available in various places. Do you want second hand or new? Does your car have these atm?
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Hi - I had certainly never thought of a chicken tray, that's for sure! Can you describe for a layman where it goes? Yes, the car has switches at the the moment but the two for the passenger window don't work properly or at all. The driver's window one works OK but I just thought of changing all three. I guess new is better but second hand is OK if not available. Do give me some pointers. Thanks, Andy

Comment

Originally posted by andymaestro View Post
        Hi - I had certainly never thought of a chicken tray, that's for sure! Can you describe for a layman where it goes? Yes, the car has switches at the the moment but the two for the passenger window don't work properly or at all. The driver's window one works OK but I just thought of changing all three. I guess new is better but second hand is OK if not available. Do give me some pointers. Thanks, Andy
        Headshield goes under the carb and on top of the manifold. you should see holes for retaining screws that the head shield would sit on. Have you tried swopping the one switch that does work to the one that doesn't before buying another? Heat shield in position as at post 51 just under the V bracket https://maestro.org.uk/forums/forum/...r-head-removal
        Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 22nd July 2022, 12:40.

Comment

Thanks for this, much appreciated. If I swapped them there would always be one window not working though. Do you know where I can get the switches?

Comment

Thanks for this, much appreciated. If I swapped them there would always be one window not working though. Do you know where I can get the switches?
            I meant, have you tested the non working switches by plugging into the other ones

Comment

Oh yes I see. The garage has apparently tested them and told me I need to get the switches. Any ideas where?

Comment

Can't be sure if they work or not
                Attached Files

Comment

How do I get these Jeff?!

Comment

Sorry, I didn't see your PM before posting - many thanks! Andy

Comment

I have a few vgc second hand switches if need be.

Comment

Many thanks...Jeff has sent some but if they don't work I'll let you know. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X