Rear suspension foam top mounting bushes - 1985 Maestro 1.6 HLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted] Rear suspension foam top mounting bushes - 1985 Maestro 1.6 HLS

Hello. I'm trying to get hold of a set of rear suspension foam top mounting bushes for my 1985 Maestro 1.6 HLS, VIN SAXXCPWY7AM331164. I'm not sure what these are actually properly called and I don't have a part number, but I've attached a very rudimentary sketch of what I need. There are two on each wheel, so I need four altogether. Can anyone help source new or second hand? And can anyone tell me what their proper name is? Many thanks, much appreciated.
    Attached Files

I'm sure someone else may know better than me but Rimmer's stock the top mount bush.
    https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-NAM1180

I think you also need NAM1181 too though.

Someone is selling a whole rebuild kit on eBay but it's not cheap particularly if you don't need all of the parts.
    Last edited by A+MAESTRO; 3rd August 2022, 19:11. Reason: Spelling

Comment

These may help, I don't remember where I downloaded them from originally. Probably this forum somewhere.. Uploaded the front just because.
      Attached Files

Comment

NAM 1181 is the 'hard to find ' one, I seem to remember someone using Rover 200 ones, but not sure if they were to prune to fit. Golf ones from the same era are supposed to be quite similar too, but I've not tried either of these yet. This ebay listing contains a full set, but also includes a few things you don't mention, which makes it look a bit dear for the bushes, on the other hand, changing all of the bits might not be a bad plan!. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195027371...kAAOSwPsViD5PQ

Comment

NAM1181 will be a nightmare to find. Here's one of my old ones measured up, this will help when looking for something to replace it. Have you actually checked the condition of your old ones? We naturally assumed ours were shot but in fact they were quite usable. Click image for larger version

Name:	0020046.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	335986

Comment

I've already supplied a pair to Andy so he needs to let all know
            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
            2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
            2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Sorry yes thank you to everyone who posted, Jeff supplied me with the parts. Thanks again, Andy

Comment

Working...
              X