Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No mate..........it was definitely a petrol. It had HT leads and what looked like a carb

Comment

Looks like a 7 seater with those headrests.

Comment

Anyone see a montego in a scrap yard that has a good drivers side sill ask how much and if they would cut it out .
        please pm me
        Sure & steadfast.
        BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
        1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
        1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Cut what out sorry? The sill?

Comment

Originally posted by TLC View Post
            Anyone see a montego in a scrap yard that has a good drivers side sill ask how much and if they would cut it out .
            please pm me
            they come up on ebay for far less than a scrap yard would charge you to cut off the side of a car (they're hardly going to go to the trouble of drilling the spotwelds out, only to find it's rusty inside and a subsequent refusal to pay....

I can't see that a sill taken off another car would be left in an easily usable form anyway.
            CURRENT FLEET:
            1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
            1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
            1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
            2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
            1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

Originally posted by MarkM View Post
              Cut what out sorry? The sill?
              yes
              Sure & steadfast.
              1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

[QUOTE=H48HPE;151819]they come up on ebay for far less than a scrap yard would charge you to cut off the side of a car (they're hardly going to go to the trouble of drilling the spotwelds out, only to find it's rusty inside and a subsequent refusal to pay....

I can't see that a sill taken off another car would be left in an easily usable form anyway.[/QUOTE

I have known montegos to be scrapped for other reasone than rot.Front/rear end shunt or side impact.
                If a new old stock CDP1886 doesnt come to light soon either through a member or ebay or other then i fear the salvage yards would be the only option.
                Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Surely a decent welder would be able to reapir a sill far easier than cutting one off another car ie cut out the rot and weld in new steel or am i missing something here

Comment

Originally posted by daveyboy View Post
                    Surely a decent welder would be able to reapir a sill far easier than cutting one off another car ie cut out the rot and weld in new steel or am i missing something here
                    Quite possably but its my preferance to have it as was made.
                    Sure & steadfast.

Comment

[QUOTE=TLC;151831]
                      Originally posted by H48HPE View Post
                      they come up on ebay for far less than a scrap yard would charge you to cut off the side of a car (they're hardly going to go to the trouble of drilling the spotwelds out, only to find it's rusty inside and a subsequent refusal to pay....

I can't see that a sill taken off another car would be left in an easily usable form anyway.[/QUOTE

I have known montegos to be scrapped for other reasone than rot.Front/rear end shunt or side impact.
                      If a new old stock CDP1886 doesnt come to light soon either through a member or ebay or other then i fear the salvage yards would be the only option.
                      I do know of a solid estate in a local yard. Its only a couple of minutes from
                      My workshop so I'll pop down and see how good it is and how much for a side /sill cut.

Comment

Rich, what spec?
                        Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
                        E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
                        H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
                        J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
                        L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
                        OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
                        PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

[QUOTE=bigrct;151857]
                          Originally posted by TLC View Post

I do know of a solid estate in a local yard. Its only a couple of minutes from
                          My workshop so I'll pop down and see how good it is and how much for a side /sill cut.
                          If its solid and a diesel maybe its worth saveing?
                          Sure & steadfast.

Comment

If its solid it shouldn't matter on the engine should it?!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Slow View Post
                              Rich, what spec?
                              I can see someone is praying it's got 2 dish centre-caps

Comment

Originally posted by MarkM View Post
                                I can see someone is praying it's got 2 dish centre-caps

And a good Flint Grey leather steering wheel

So ideally it'd be GSi - but a Countryperson would do :P
                                Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
                                E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
                                H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
                                J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
                                L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
                                OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
                                PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Working...
                                X