Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a mg maestro 1.6 on a "B" reg in a local scrapyard it is almost complete with a digital talking dash, etc.
    I dont know if they do mail order but will remove parts or you can remove parts yourself.

The details of the yard are: Mike Douglas

They are in Carlisle Cumbria

Hope this helps

Peter

Comment

Wonder if they may sell it whole... will call i think..

Comment

They might it was in the yard but not striped worth a try

Peter

Comment

Maestro 1.3LX, Pearl Cherry, South Birmingham

http://www.copesofearlswood.co.uk/

Fairly complete when I visited on Tuesday, although it has the usual tatty panels (inc an Azure Blue rear door) and a torn driver's seat.

Yard is located approx. 5 minutes' drive from M42 junction 3 and is set in acres of woodland
          1983 (Y) MG 1600
          1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
          1987 700 City 1.6 Van
          1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
          1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
          1990 Clubman D
          1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

There is a Maestro and Montego Estate in Harris's scrapyard Southbourne, West Sussex. apparently a D reg and a G reg, i havent seen them but my friend told me about it. Could be worth a look if you live near. If i get a free day i might pop over there, not too far from me

Comment

Going to be breaking this in November...

Project SAD and F700 are in need of many parts so this will be a donor for doors, running gear and a few other items.

Once I've made my list either over the next week or once Im back from Afghan at the end of October the remains will be on offer for salvage.

If I know I definatly dont need the parts you request Mitch will have a look at removing wanted items before I get started on it. Please be patient with him as once Im back away contact is a bit hit and miss.

Cheers

Lee
              Current Fleet.

1981 Metro 'S'
              1985 Metro MG Turbo

1986 Maestro MG (GOING TURBO)
              1989 Maestro MG Turbo '#370'

1988 Montego MG Turbo 'SAD'
              1988 Montego MG Estate 'F700'

1995 Land Rover 110

2004 Rover Streetwise Td

Comment

WOOF

Comment

Originally posted by MarkM View Post
                  WOOF
                  Is that text talk for something?
                  Current Fleet.

1981 Metro 'S'
                  1985 Metro MG Turbo

1986 Maestro MG (GOING TURBO)
                  1989 Maestro MG Turbo '#370'

1988 Montego MG Turbo 'SAD'
                  1988 Montego MG Estate 'F700'

1995 Land Rover 110

2004 Rover Streetwise Td

Comment

Not at all.

Just WOOF.

Love it.

Comment

'Kelly's Heroes' fan?

Comment

idea

all classic car clubs should link up together as and when they see any classic car and place its details on a communal forum / website
                        each club should agree a price from the scrap yard to purchase car - have volunteers willing to strip it down or restore it and take it / parts
                        each member has responsibility for designated parts with agreed price per unit to post to other members
                        requires a pikey resistant barn or willing members
                        we all love the cars so we all gotta chip in
                        this should have been done b4 ass browns srapage scheme unfortunately

the club might have to rent a workshop / store - agree a rent and divide between members? Big Mal's Barn?-i would be a member used to be a member but iam on my ass on the dole-i cant afford a lifter pump atm but still seeking work
                        Last edited by guussi; 1st October 2012, 14:59.
                        0-60 in 8.2 hours 1/4mile in time for breakfast but the rust wins hands down

Comment

Originally posted by guussi View Post
                          all classic car clubs should link up together as and when they see any classic car and place its details on a communal forum / website
                          each club should agree a price from the scrap yard to purchase car - have volunteers willing to strip it down or restore it and take it / parts
                          each member has responsibility for designated parts with agreed price per unit to post to other members
                          requires a pikey resistant barn or willing members
                          we all love the cars so we all gotta chip in
                          Yeah right, we all get time to do that then somehow i think life gets in the way
                          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                          2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                          2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                          2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

it's a nice thought but will never happen....

the club would need to buy a small existing scrapyard with waste licences etc, then there's the small matter of actually buying scrap cars

can you see members wanting their yearly subscription increased from £16 to minimum £300 - I cant...

thankgoodnes there are people like Mal, Lee, Chris Y and others who don't mind keeping and selling parts... i guess we have to be happy with what we have!!

andy
                            CURRENT FLEET:
                            1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
                            1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
                            1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
                            2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
                            1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

Originally posted by bodgit0_0 View Post
                              Project SAD and F700 are in need of many parts so this will be a donor for doors, running gear and a few other items.

Once I've made my list either over the next week or once Im back from Afghan at the end of October the remains will be on offer for salvage.

If I know I definatly dont need the parts you request Mitch will have a look at removing wanted items before I get started on it. Please be patient with him as once Im back away contact is a bit hit and miss.

Cheers

Lee
                              Seems a shame to break that car Lee, is it that bad? What parts do you need?
                              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                              2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                              2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                              2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

mg 2litre j reg brg

i have just been told that car spares west drayton have the said car just come in wheels are not with it but the rest of the car is there.. i have not seen it so have no idea how good or bad it is...

http://www.carspareswestdraytonltd.co.uk/

link above for direction or phone number.... regards ricky
                                home of the "mad maestro"
                                rover sterling kv6 and four tailpipes on lenso rs5's
                                1935 Morris 18/6 being rejuvenated with xj6 parts

Comment

Working...
                                X