Maestro Van at Matthewsons April Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro Van at Matthewsons April Auction

A very tidy, low mileage, 1994 Maestro van is in the listings for Matthewsons April auction. Details can be found here: https://mathewsons.co.uk/auctions/au...er-maestro-van
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Interesting MOT history https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

1993 Rover Montego estate 2.0 LXi

1987 Austin Montego 1.6L Auto + pas
    1990 Rover Montego estate 1.6LX Auto
    1993 Rover Montego 2.0 SLXi Auto

Comment

Originally posted by zephyr View Post
      Interesting MOT history https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
      Yeah! There has been a discussion about this on the clubs FB page. Looks like there has been a colour change, from yellow to white, engine bay not recoloured, lost some miles, suspected through binnacle and/or dashboard change, so all in all not the pristine low mileage van it was purported to be.
      Membership Secretary
      Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
      2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
      1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Im guessing the failed MOT would just to find out whats wrong with it after a long layover. And much lower mileage of course. how you doing Arthur? Hope you're well
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
        2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Still fighting the good fight as they say. You'll be pleased to know your detailed explanation, some time ago now, as to what's required to convert a manual steering car to power steering wasn't wasted. The LXi now sports pas courtesy of a scrap montego advertised on a certain auction web site some months ago. Even managed to retrieve the "cover-pinion-rhd" CDP6110 to replace the manual steering one NAM 8196. Health issues dictated the vendor removed the system and my local Montego friendly garage completed the fitting. As a tribute to whoever designed the pas system, a new set of bellows and track rod ends was all that was needed to add to the setup. I believe the donor car was "F" reg - it was a Rover anyway. The tre's only needed as they were damaged on removal. PAS has transformed the drive of this car that always suffered from heavy steering - heavier in fact than my non pas zodiac. Never did get to the bottom of it; the manual steering 1.6LX estate being quite light to steer.

Comment

Glad to hear your not too bad Arthur, nice to hear some of my advise is being used still years later my friend. With power steering it must be very much easier to drive than your one of your zephyrs. Can you not put electric steering on one as an experiment?

Comment

Electric steering is a good idea however the heavy steering only really showed itself trying to get in a tight parking space and running them on radial tyres. - they being designed for crossplies. Parking in modern spaces is something i don't come across very often now since i stopped using one as a daily driver. That's where the Montegos came into the limelight i.e for a daily driver. Why Montegos - well it was a hangover from "company car" days where my Montego would leave (imho) Cavalier and Sierras of the day standing. I was mocked at the time for choosing the Montego (B371 DGB r.i.p.) i don't think my colleagues liked the Champagne Beige, often asking when the top coat was going on! Things moved on quickly with the LXi where i couldn't do it (the daily driving that is) to such a nice car. So it was back to the 15 year old, 120k, barely run in JTD Scudo........ The LXi with its new paint job (and many new panels) was at Capesthorne last back end to be admired by many. I'm glad i came back into Montego when i did Xpart having recently changed their systems - it was so easy to look a part up and see who had it in stock or not.....

Comment

Originally posted by zephyr View Post
                Electric steering is a good idea however the heavy steering only really showed itself trying to get in a tight parking space and running them on radial tyres. - they being designed for crossplies. Parking in modern spaces is something i don't come across very often now since i stopped using one as a daily driver. That's where the Montegos came into the limelight i.e for a daily driver. Why Montegos - well it was a hangover from "company car" days where my Montego would leave (imho) Cavalier and Sierras of the day standing. I was mocked at the time for choosing the Montego (B371 DGB r.i.p.) i don't think my colleagues liked the Champagne Beige, often asking when the top coat was going on! Things moved on quickly with the LXi where i couldn't do it (the daily driving that is) to such a nice car. So it was back to the 15 year old, 120k, barely run in JTD Scudo........ The LXi with its new paint job (and many new panels) was at Capesthorne last back end to be admired by many. I'm glad i came back into Montego when i did Xpart having recently changed their systems - it was so easy to look a part up and see who had it in stock or not.....
                X part was sold sometime last year and the 'new' owners decided, I assume, to change things. The new website is now up and running but its not anywhere near as good as the old site. Montego's now have a certain thing about them, in that the children who sat in the back seat now can afford to buy one and memories. Same as any generation really

Comment

Working...
                X