Austin Montego Estate 1.3l, B reg, 1 owner, Barn Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Montego Estate 1.3l, B reg, 1 owner, Barn Find

Austin Montego 1.3 estate! 1 previous owner which makes no difference to the motor but a great deal on paper.

I can't imagine that this is a 1.3. As far as I am aware they never built a 1.3 estate. The DVLA enquiry service says it's a 1.3 but the MOT history states 1.6. The last MOT in 2010 shows 281k miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Montegoman View Post
      I can't imagine that this is a 1.3. As far as I am aware they never built a 1.3 estate. The DVLA enquiry service says it's a 1.3 but the MOT history states 1.6. The last MOT in 2010 shows 281k miles.
      I think Steve Worseley got the vin number from it & it decoded as a 1.3, so sounds a though it may have been a special order or something, this was on facebook, but I can't find the post now.... My theory was that someone had fitted a 1.3 to benefit from lower ved, but if the vin is correct then it isn't a conversion, no photos of the engine on the listing though...all very odd, but if it is the originl engine it has done well to rack up that mileage. I'm not sure how you get the vin from the internet, but on this https://www.carcheck.co.uk/reg?i=D852XMY it comes up with a 1300 engine number (right at the bottom of the page, of course!)
      Last edited by Doctordiesel77; 12th July 2021, 07:37.

Comment

Agreed, the engine number on the carcheck information indicates it's an A Series engine. Perhaps at some stage the original 1.6 S series engine was replaced by a 1.3 A series. With that mileage it could well have had an engine swap.

Comment

Originally posted by Montegoman View Post
          Agreed, the engine number on the carcheck information indicates it's an A Series engine. Perhaps at some stage the original 1.6 S series engine was replaced by a 1.3 A series. With that mileage it could well have had an engine swap.
          It would be interesting to see the vin number, that would show what engine it came out of the factory with...I guess someone will get to know for sure at the end of the auction! Quite a rare car either way, the base models don't seem to have survived well...

Comment

Its way good to see man how you enable the miledge check and peugot acr check

Comment

Working...
            X