Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A northern gathering

Hello All

Talking to fellow members yesterday at Burley show there seemed still to be an interest in holding a northern gathering of members.
    If we went for somewhere in the "M62 corridor area" we could include members from Lancashire, Yorkshire, maybe some folk from northern Midlands and/or Durham areas (any other visiting members from elsewhere would be welcome too).
    I have had a few venues suggested to me (pubs with decent sized car parks)
    Possible date for 1st one would be late September.

Please message me, or reply to this thread if interested.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew, just seen this. Keep me updated. I'd like to come along.

Comment

Hi Andrew
      Count me in, I have had a look it's junction 25 off M62 towards Huddersfield A644 there is The Old Mill pub which is connected to the Premier Inn that car park is massive and easy to find, Keith

Comment

Hi Andrew,
        there is a classic car meet at the mining museum Wakefield, on 25th September, organised by necpwa, this is a new event, which I have already booked for, club stand?

Ray
        MG Montego efi C928TBL - Moonraker blue
        Austin Montego Mayfair C943KOE - Clove brown
        MG Maestro 2.Oi H352MOF - Black

Comment

Nice one Ray, I'll look into it

Thanks

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by edders1690 View Post
            Hi Andrew,
            there is a classic car meet at the mining museum Wakefield, on 25th September, organised by necpwa, this is a new event, which I have already booked for, club stand?

Ray
            I am a member of necpwa and have a season ticket so could attend this if possible at the time. There a good bunch of people but most of the cars are 1920's-1960's. Not a lot really 'retro' cars appear.
            MG Maestro Turbo #500
            BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
            Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
            Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Just checked Ray, the 25th of September is the end of season rally for necpwa at Beamish museum. I will be trying to get to that because you get into Beamish for free with your season pass with passenger And its one of the largest shows been the end of season rally. Cant find mention of Wakefield?

*edit: Sorry I was looking at the Northern branch only there not the York branch, so it is there. There are quite a few necpwa rally's I attend over the summer months but usually on the spur of the moment due to having a season ticket. If and that's and if I have my car back I had http://www.necpwayork.org.uk/breezy.html on my list to attend.
              Last edited by Andy; 25th August 2016, 14:36.
              MG Maestro Turbo #500
              BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
              Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
              Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

I go to the NECPWA meet at Scampston Hall nr Malton, always a good selection of Classics not just early Austins!.

Ray
                MG Montego efi C928TBL - Moonraker blue
                Austin Montego Mayfair C943KOE - Clove brown
                MG Maestro 2.Oi H352MOF - Black

Comment

Hi, I visited a Yorkshire Thoroughbred Classic Car (YTCC) show today at Kirklees Light Railway which is situated off the M62 corridor and the M1 and very easy to get to, well signposted. There is a large hard standing car park good amenities, tea rooms, play area for the kids and free rail journey to those displaying their car. The venue may be worth considering for an event next year? I picked up a leaflet for next weekend which may be of interest as follows:

Friends of Kirklees Light Railway 11th Annual Steam and Diesel Gala Weekend Sat 10 & Sun 11th September 2016 Vintage and Classic Vehicle Display. If you would like to exhibit your classic car, lorry, tractor or static engine or motorbike you would be most welcome. If the vehicle is displayed the exhibitor and passengers carried in the vehicle will receive a free journey on the train. If interested in attending and would like more information contact Stuart on either 01484 865727 or stuart@kirkleeslightrailway.com
                  Hope this is of interest.
                  Address for info is Park Mill Way, Clayton West, Nr Huddersfield, West Yorkshire HD8 9XJ

Comment

Would be interested in coming to a show in the montego if not to far from Cumbria.

Comment

Mg Northumbria hold a fabulous show in Corbridge the first weekend in July, I took the Maestro and Metro and was very impressed with a turnout of 800+ cars, side shows and stalls. It is regarded as the biggest show in the North East and within easy reach of Cumbria and SW Scotland.

Comment

Working...
                      X