Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern shows - can we make some choices please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern shows - can we make some choices please?

Morning All

I have started to make enquiries about when we need to pre-book tickets for events by this season.

Members can go to whichever shows they like of course, but to get a plan for the club attendance would be really helpful
    I will go to whichever show, wherever in the north where there is enough interest.
    Below are simpley suggestions, and as usual we need the numbers to make it worth having a club stand (minimum 4 x cars)

There are a few clashes, which is bound to happen (if we don't go to a particular show this year, we could do that one next year)

I have tentatively suggested events which gives a reasonable split betwen different areas -

13th May - Total Retro Show, Westmorland County Showground, Kendal
    20th May - East Yorkshire Thoroughbred Car Club spring gathering (Sewerby Hall, near Bridlington)
    27th May - Classic Cars in the Park, Hutton-in-the-Forest, Penrith
    10th June - Hardwick Hall Sedgefield Classic car show
    17th June - Lake District Charity Classic Vehicle Show (Grasmere)
    24th June - Burnley Classic Car Show
    1st July - Classics at Bywell Park (MG Northumbria)
    22nd July - Lytham Hall Classic Car & Motorcycle Show
    4th August - Hebden Bridge Vintage Weekend
    12th August - Raby Castle: Classic in the Park
    2nd September - Classics at Hoghton Tower (near Preston)
    16th September - Whitley Bay Classic Car Show
    23rd September - York Historic Vehicle Group show at Knavesmire
    30th September - Classic Car Day at Beamish (NECPWA)

Cumbria = 3
    Durham = 3
    Tyneside = 1
    Northumbria = 1
    Lancashire = 4
    North Yorks = 2 (includes the National at Ripon)
    West Yorks = 1
    East Yorkshire = 1

South Yorks = 0 (not many shows it seems here, and the one at Doncaster clashes with two other popular shows)

19th August - either the Cumbria Classic & Motorsport show at Wigton, or the Burley Classic Vehicle Show

There is a gap in early/mid September where I am away on my hols (I could pass on the flag to anyone wjho wants to take on the mantle of orgaisning - not very onerous - attendance at either Blackpool Vehicle Preservation Group - South Promenade, Lytham St Annes; or Otley Vintage Transport Extravaganza - both on 9th September.)

Please let me know any preferences you have (also if enough of you want to go to a different event on a given date, to those suggestions above, that's fine too).

As soon as I get 4 x cars for an event, then that'll be where we go on that date - simple as that, so get your votes in quick!

Thanks

Andrew
Working...
X