Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TOP GEAR AUSTRALIA NEEDS YOUR AUSTIN MAESTRO!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOP GEAR AUSTRALIA NEEDS YOUR AUSTIN MAESTRO!!

Hi there,

Top Gear Australia are coming to the UK to film a 90 min UK special in mid July 2010. Part of the special involves a race between the 3 presenters from London to the Isle of Man in their own choice of classic UK car.

One of our presenters has chosen an Austin Maestro as his race vehicle and I am therefore trying to find out where I can purchase one in the UK, in full working order, for approxamatley £1000.

Can any of you help me?? Does anyone have one for sale, or know anyone who does!!

Please get in touch!!

Many thanks,

Kirsty x

Sorry but top gear they have already ruined enough of our classic british cars

the princess, sd1 and triumph dolly they used in a similar race on the uk edition of the show all ended up pretty much wrecked

unless it is purely just going to be driven and not "wrecked for fun" then its not ok so please choose another car to buy as there are little enough left as it is

Comment

£1000 will buy you three of them love!;o)

Comment

why would they want to a ruin a mestro? there is plenty of euro rot boxes which you could choose from to destroy, why would you ruin something built buy the british? is it not in the same principal as graffti'ing big ben, or knocking down windsor castle?

Comment

Well it depends on how the car will be treated as to the response you'll get.

Sadly uk top gear has trashed a lot of rare british classics and so you'll get a pretty negative response if you intend to do the same.

If otherwise then there is likely to be more assistance.
          www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
          www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
          www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

You could hire mine for £1000! It would cover the time and any mechanical faults barring major failures.
            As for buying it you may have better luck in buying my right leg.
            If it is a road race, they would be a serious contender to win!!

Comment

So how much do you want for your right leg, mines a bit worn

Comment

I'll swap it for your car!

Comment

For that sort of money I'll sell you my dog. Put a saddle on it and off you go.
                  It is jabbed and vetted till next year. Very little fur loss. You'll get about a days happy stick fetching per tin of Winalot/biscuits/treats, it's self cleaning so no need to wash and wax. It leaks every so often so it needs topping up with water, dumps no oil!!!!

Comes with full spec:
                  Leather collar and lead, cold wet pointy end with great cooling fan,
                  Alarm fitted, cat available but not fitted. I'll even throw in a handfull of fleas (If you haven't already got some).

Comment

masturbaters' will have to take the pissh out of someone else's car from the autotrader.....cheek of asking
                    0-60 in 8.2 hours 1/4mile in time for breakfast but the rust wins hands down

Comment

One thought I've just had...

To the best of my knowledge, the UK TG don't get the cars they want to wipe out via the owners' clubs. Is the fact that TG Oz are looking for help from us perhaps an indication that the car won't end up with a piano on it's roof/upside down/in a tree?
                      Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
                      E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
                      H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
                      J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
                      L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
                      OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
                      PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Unlikely.

TG UK came in here asking for a couple of ex or current race cars for one of their stunts. I think they got one from elsewhere when no-one here agreed to help.

The guy asking around here was very nice, and I think said that the piece would be 'sympathetic'. Of course, he was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Y View Post
                          Unlikely.

TG UK came in here asking for a couple of ex or current race cars for one of their stunts. I think they got one from elsewhere when no-one here agreed to help.

The guy asking around here was very nice, and I think said that the piece would be 'sympathetic'. Of course, he was wrong.
                          yep, i saw the clip, they totally trashed a red j reg mg maestro IIRC

Comment

Maestro for Top Gear

Hello - Have you got a car yet? If not I might be able to help. It's a nice one. (1300). Regards - Pablo

Comment

Originally posted by pablo raybould View Post
                              Hello - Have you got a car yet? If not I might be able to help. It's a nice one. (1300). Regards - Pablo
                              dont do it pablo !!

Comment

Working...
                              X