X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maestro dave View Post
    I think it was Ebay a few months back
    It was on Ebay.
    The seller had only this LH one for metal bumper.
    It came originaly from the plant in Cowley where he was active in design in the eighties.
    The material is not GRP but similar or identical to Pocan, the stuff where the plastic bumpers are made of. Possibly a try out offer to AR from the bumper supplier.
    Last edited by Piggy Bank; 15th May 2012, 08:33.

Comment

Yes and remember that citroen were making plastic wing-ed cars when the maestro was being built.
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Originally posted by matthewsemple View Post
        I think any issues about having a tussle with the MOT tester over GRP front panels is probably a thing of the past. If you have a whole front end made of a composite material, and you wish to use it on the road, the car has to be fitted with brace bars to add strength.
        Not on Midgets & Sprites Matt ...
        midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

Some extra information from the seller;

RIM: Reaction Injection Moulded- chemical reaction in the mould as material is injected (my understanding). This was a Factory Development that did not go past a small pre-production run. If you consider the tooling this one surviving part cost a lot of money!!
          Nice of you (& the Club) to keep these cars alive- most of my designs are in scrap yards!!
          Last edited by Piggy Bank; 15th May 2012, 13:00.

Comment

This is a technique used to enable thermosetting plastics such as polyurethane to be injection moulded. That is to say the actual polymer is made inside the mould and as such it is a very accurate and clean moulding that can be replicated many many times.
            M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
            Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Originally posted by mgdavid View Post
              Not on Midgets & Sprites Matt ...
              No I guess not because the design already features a flip-up front so rigidity would be built in to the substructure. I guess Triumph Heralds are the same?

Comment

Hi. I've just picked up a pair of these plastic wings. They aren't GRP, more like Freelander style plastic. They are excellent quality. I'll see if they fit ok soon. Mine claim to be development wings for the post office, but i doubt that.

Comment

Working...
                X