Talk to me about Vans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk to me about Vans

I've a 500 L van that I am currently using daily bit will be renovating after Christmas with new panels.

Its been fitted with a car interior: clocks, seats, door cards, centre console and carpet. The interior is from an EFI ( I think) as the clocks have a red surround (top speed 120). I'm thinking that finding the right seats, carpets and mats for it might be difficult since there are non about in scrap yards. So instead of trying for originality I thought I might upgrade its looks slightly.

How hard would it be to get hold of a pair of plastic bumper wings, EFI bumper and lights? As hard as finding van seats or easier?!

Ben

There should be enough used items on ebay for you to do the conversion, or in the stock Oli has recently secured.

I did know of a van with rover 820 turbo recaro seats fitted.

(these seats are now in my workshop!.)
    Not a cheap conversion as they command a good price for good examples

but do look nice when fitted.

Comment

Originally posted by beniboyz View Post
      I've a 500 L van that I am currently using daily bit will be renovating after Christmas with new panels.

Its been fitted with a car interior: clocks, seats, door cards, centre console and carpet. The interior is from an EFI ( I think) as the clocks have a red surround (top speed 120). I'm thinking that finding the right seats, carpets and mats for it might be difficult since there are non about in scrap yards. So instead of trying for originality I thought I might upgrade its looks slightly.

How hard would it be to get hold of a pair of plastic bumper wings, EFI bumper and lights? As hard as finding van seats or easier?!

Ben
      EFI wouldn't have had a top speed of 120 I think. The van interior is often the same as the car interior (depending on age/model) so that may be original.

The issue with van seats swapping for car ones is loss of access behind the seats. I've got modified rover 200 full leather seats in my van which has retained the tipping action so I don't lose access behind the seats. (Essentially these are 200 seats on the van base. Be aware there are two types of van seats available. One tilts and slides, the other just tilts.

Getting hold of bumpers and wings is probably easier than getting hold of the seats to be honest as there are more plastic bumpered cars still out there.

If you have a read of my camper build thread you'll see some of the interior mods made so far (more to come though!).

http://roverdiesel.co.uk/forums/view...php?f=16&t=206
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

I have 2x wings, a bumper and lights here... (& MG grille)

Comment

Hi Oli,

Thanks for the reply. Any chance of some pictures?

Ben

Comment

i will be looking for some parts for my van soon like the plastic front bumper etc, and im only in weston, hopefully collecting my van next week its a 700

Comment

Plenty of seat options available from the Metro/Rover 100 range, as all 3-door versions tilt and/or slide.

They are a direct fit on to the existing mounting points.

You mentioned that your van is a 500L.

I am fairly sure that the L versions all had full door trims, cloth seats, carpets and centre console, anyway. Yours may not be as non-standard as you thought
              1983 (Y) MG 1600
              1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
              1987 700 City 1.6 Van
              1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
              1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
              1990 Clubman D
              1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

Originally posted by stoney-13 View Post
                i will be looking for some parts for my van soon like the plastic front bumper etc, and im only in weston, hopefully collecting my van next week its a 700
                I have a bumper if you need one, in Bristol.

Comment

Originally posted by digital efi View Post
                  Plenty of seat options available from the Metro/Rover 100 range, as all 3-door versions tilt and/or slide.

They are a direct fit on to the existing mounting points.

You mentioned that your van is a 500L.

I am fairly sure that the L versions all had full door trims, cloth seats, carpets and centre console, anyway. Yours may not be as non-standard as you thought
                  Mines been fitted with half leather seats! I don't think they were standard :-( I did wonder if any of the early vans had vinyl seats? I thought I had seen an ex BT van like this.

Ben

Comment

Vans often got full vinyl seats. A bit hot on a sunny day!

Half leather might be from the rover 200. Pics would reveal all though.

My full leathers are from a 200 originally.
                    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

hello how did you adapt the rover 220 leather seats?

Comment

Working...
                      X