X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

map

done mine too.

Comment

Sorry to be so negative at the moment, but the map isn't a great idea on a public forum.
      When there is an event we chat on here, the map then shows the world where there will be an empty house at a given day.
      Should we have a thread about house alarm codes too

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
        Sorry to be so negative at the moment, but the map isn't a great idea on a public forum.
        When there is an event we chat on here, the map then shows the world where there will be an empty house at a given day.
        Appreciate what you're saying Russ but most have only put a town on it unless I can't access the full information??

I personally think it's a good idea as long as it doesn't give your full home address.

What with the likes of Facebook, Instagram, snapchat etc etc its not difficult these days to work out when someone is away from their home what either all the check ins, posts while on holiday etc.

BUT.......even if something online ( i.e the map ) does show me as being at a show it doesn't mean that my wife, grown up kids, large dog etc isn't at home so I have to disagree with you on the map showing an empty house...

Maestro turbo No. 108

Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce Ti (daily driver)(Vesuvio grey)
        Mazda MX5 RF LE (Soul Red)
        Honda CBR 600 FW (weekend toy)

Instagram & Facebook - mgmaestroturbo108

Comment

I can also confirm that specific address details are not included in the location, nor would I expect anyone using it to do that.
          Membership Secretary
          Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
          2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
          1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

When I looked at the map it seemed to show tags at specific addresses

Comment

When I looked at the map it seemed to show tags at specific addresses
              Some people have included either a partial or complete postcode, but no-one I checked had an actual address. A couple had links to web pages and/or work addresses if it was appropriate.
              Membership Secretary

Comment

Done!

Comment

Done!

Comment

I've made this post a 'sticky' in the hope that we can get more people on the map!
                    1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Comment

Thanks to Ed's post I'm on the map but it shows 1 marker even though I added 4 Maestros and 4 Montegos! Anyone else manage a multiple marker?

Comment

I'm on the map too
                        1963 Austin 1100
                        1970 Austin Maxi 1.5
                        1970 Austin 1800
                        1970 Morris 1300
                        1973 Jaguar XJ6 4.2
                        1975 Austin Allegro 1.5
                        1977 Morris Marina 1.3
                        1981 Austin Metro 1.3
                        1983 MG Metro 1.3
                        1984 Austin Metro 1.0 L
                        1985 MG Metro Turbo
                        1985 Austin Maestro 1.3
                        1987 Austin Metro 1.3 Auto
                        1987 Austin Montego Estate
                        1987 Austin Montego 1.3
                        1987 MG Montego Turbo
                        1988 Austin Metro 1.0 5 Doors
                        1988 Austin Montego 1.3
                        1989 Austin Metro 1.0 3 Doors
                        1995 Rover 111 SLi

Comment

I must admit to being cautious with all this, it doesn't take a lot of effort to browse the street using street view, name, date of birth etc are on here and soon to be the last six digits of your vin number. Half an hours googling could then result in a significant of info available to the world.

Comment

Originally posted by G4GLM View Post
                            I must admit to being cautious with all this, it doesn't take a lot of effort to browse the street using street view, name, date of birth etc are on here and soon to be the last six digits of your vin number. Half an hours googling could then result in a significant of info available to the world.
                            I understand your caution, but you pin on the Map of the World doesn't have to be street specific, town level is just great. As for personal details such as date of birth and address is not visible to anyone except the site administrators. I hope that we have everything tied down pretty well on the site, although I know that some spurious characters can take the tiniest bit of information and make bad use out of it, but if you keep things very general, then all should be OK. So please come and join us on the Map of the World at town level only!
                            Membership Secretary

Comment

Working...
                            X