Mg maestro turbo valuation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mg maestro turbo valuation

Hi how would you go about getting a valuation on a mg maestro turbo for insurance purposes at the moment i have it at £3000 but looking at what they have been selling for recently i think I'm undervaluing it.l know condition is a lot to do with it , number of owners, milage etc, but she's in pretty good condition and solid not A1 by any standard, I'll try and post some pics,
    any help in valuing it would be much appreciated
    Thanks
    Paul

The way to look at this is, what is it worth to you, and how much would it cost you if it was a total loss. That amount can then be factored by the current market values, which seem to be rising of late for these models, and its current condition. I would tend to agree with you that at £3000 it is probably too low and should be more in the region of £5000-6000. You know the car and its strong or weak points, so use those as a base and change the value accordingly.Hope this helps.
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

As in the post below, I asked last week as I new the value has risen quite a lot in the last few years. I put 10k down as suggested and they (footmanjames) got back to me next day with the agreed valuation certificated no questions asked.

http://maestro.org.uk/forums/forum/g...reed-valuation
      MG Maestro Turbo #500
      BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
      Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
      Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Yes, put £10K.

£3,000 is the price for non-runners and restoration jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by mia611968 View Post
          Hi how would you go about getting a valuation on a mg maestro turbo for insurance purposes at the moment i have it at £3000 but looking at what they have been selling for recently i think I'm undervaluing it.l know condition is a lot to do with it , number of owners, milage etc, but she's in pretty good condition and solid not A1 by any standard, I'll try and post some pics,
          any help in valuing it would be much appreciated
          Thanks
          Paul
          Hi Paul
          as per the previous thread, a good MG Maestro Turbo should have agreed value of £10,000 and nothing less.
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
          2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Hi Paul - your turbo is looking rather well. I like the clean look with the door rubbing strips removed and with no turbo stickers. And yes as above 10K minimum validation easily.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

Working...
            X