Sad demise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad demise

I discovered something yesterday, that has unfortunately resulted in the sad demise of Eddie (run it on a shoestring). If you drive a Maestro into the back of a Mercedes Sprinter, that has a great big solid bar at the back, the Maestro loses, then gets written off. Sadly then, I will now get more exercise, as I am forced to walk everywhere. Therefore, I have a supply of spares and consumables, languishing in my shed with no future.
    The purpose of the post however, is to ask if anybody knows of a Maestro in need of rescuing, Eddie cost me £40, and was put on the road very cheaply, and served me well. My classic policy has 6 months to run, and instead of surrendering it, I would prefer to put another car on it, even temporarily a non Maestro.
    long shot I know, but if you don't ask... Anyway, enjoy the sunshine everyone, and drive safely!

Sorry to hear that, nice to know you had a good innings with it though.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Thanks Jeff, going to be hard to see it go for scrap though

Comment

Maybe this http://www.aronline.co.uk/news/news-...air-ambulance/

Comment

would the ledbury be classed as a classic has its just under 20 years old

Comment

Well I decided to send a message, in the hope that it might result in another little gem for me, I'll keep you posted about what happens, thanks Paul.

Comment

Good luck Yes my 1999 Ledbury is on a classic policy. I had a 2000 MR2 on a classic policy 3 years ago. I bed you could get any Mg/Rover on a classic policy now.
              MG Maestro Turbo #500
              BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
              Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
              Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

what insurance company covered your 1999 ledbury on a classic car policy

Comment

Adrian Flux.
                  MG Maestro Turbo #500
                  BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
                  Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
                  Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Try Carol Nash
                    Sure & steadfast.
                    BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
                    1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
                    1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Working...
                    X